C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa AU/NZ

Wattsup

Hi all, I'm in !! New Zealand and just encountered a problem with alexa voice control  -

Amazon echo has just been released (officially) and I received an email that stated I should change my amazon account to the.com.au domain with English(AU) as the language  preference. I've had my Dot in the C4 system for about 12 months having purchased on a trip to the UK. My Amazon account had always been.com (US) and shipping had been via a postal service. I didn't have the Epic driver  yet but am looking to add soon ( I have the native voice  scenes driver).

since making these two simple changes the Control 4 skill has gone and can't  be found and I can't enable it to run device discovery.

I've signed out/in on the app and lots of good things occurred, weather localised, flash briefing localised, etc etc but no Control  4 skill?? Tune in and Spotify also disappeared but after logging in/out again they came back, as did hydrawise. The other skill I'm missing is Ring  video doorbell?

Any ideas whether control 4 & Ring  will reappear in the skills if I wait for the cloud to update or are they only available to US/UK accounts??

Without the blackwire driver you can enable the alexa skill and intergrate Ring with Alexa as per the details given on the website:

https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Video-Doorbell/dp/B01JTL2PYE

and/or you can intergrate with control 4 using the blackwire driver which gives the ability to programme off events triggered by Ring - typically 'presses' or ' motion'.

Hope this helps

Archived