C4 Forums | Control4

annex⁴ - Voice Genie (TTS)

annex⁴

• 6 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

I might be daft, but the "Synthesize Speech" action isn't playing the announcement - what I've read makes me believe it should be... am I right?

This does nothing (though the WAV File is created/updated, so if I manually play it, it's accurate)

image.png.a1b4b66aedcabb43ef8adc8624e8d794.png

But this works perfectly...

image.png.956738c4ce702a9fcf6e81b538fc8a51.png

Should the first example work?

Synthesize commands should definitely be rendering the audio and playing the associated announcement. Make sure that the 'Announcement' property matches the announcement you created as it is case sensitive. By default the property is 'polly'.

The 'Announcement Finished' event occurs when the announcement is finished playing. We included it so you could accurately have something execute after the announcement was finished.

@livitup Hopefully this clears up any issues. If you still have issues feel free to PM me.

• 6 months later...

The driver doc indicates thee are 50 voices yet my driver doesn’t show anywhere near that many.  Is there something I have to do to get more?

is there an Alexa voice somewhere?

7 hours ago, jfh said:

The driver doc indicates thee are 50 voices yet my driver doesn’t show anywhere near that many.  Is there something I have to do to get more?

is there an Alexa voice somewhere?

If I recall correctly there are 3 or 4 voices under each language.  The only useful languages for us English speakers are British, American and Australian... That will probably give you 10 or 11 language choices.  I found one of the British ladies to be the best (Emma or Amy - again, from memory).

5 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If I recall correctly there are 3 or 4 voices under each language.  The only useful languages for us English speakers are British, American and Australian... That will probably give you 10 or 11 language choices.  I found one of the British ladies to be the best (Emma or Amy - again, from memory).

Thanks.  Going to see if I can load/use UK Amy.  That seems to be the most pleasing English language voice.

• 10 months later...

I can add a local time variable later today.

As for more voices we pull them directly from the Amazon Polly API so it should always have the latest. There are some more advanced and natural voices in a different section of the API they're just substantially more expensive to render. If people want them I either need to price hike the driver or require the dealer/user to setup an AWS account and manage their own costs for voices.

2 hours ago, TheWizard said:

I can add a local time variable later today.

As for more voices we pull them directly from the Amazon Polly API so it should always have the latest. There are some more advanced and natural voices in a different section of the API they're just substantially more expensive to render. If people want them I either need to price hike the driver or require the dealer/user to setup an AWS account and manage their own costs for voices.

The  time variable would be great, thanks.  The time really annoys my wife.

I wouldn’t mind a price hike for the driver but I doubt that’s a popular stance.  I’m guessing setting up an AWS account isn’t difficult - is it practical to update the driver to support that?

I would just need a property that has the access key. That being said configuring permissions on AWS for the key should be done properly. I'll need to put an example AWS IAM policy together for the permissions required so in the event a key is comprised the only thing anyone can do with it is synthesize text.

• 7 months later...

hey, looking for an integrator with some Voice Genie experience to help me. 

I have this driver running just perfectly at my house.  I had it installed at my parent's place and it's misconfigured.  Can an integrator msg me when they have time who are willing to do some remote help?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.