C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm system won’t arm if movement

Hi

we have just had our alarm system integrated (texecom) and there’s a problem where we can’t arm it from the touch screen if there is movement...

is there any way around this? It doesn’t seem right because there will be movement when leaving and movement stops it from arming. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Shivam Paw said:

Hi

we have just had our alarm system integrated (texecom) and there’s a problem where we can’t arm it from the touch screen if there is movement...

is there any way around this? It doesn’t seem right because there will be movement when leaving and movement stops it from arming. 

Thanks

Maybe has something to do with motion sensors being open?  Is there a motion where you are trying to set the alarm and leave?

3 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Maybe has something to do with motion sensors being open?  Is there a motion where you are trying to set the alarm and leave?

Yeah that’s the issue but how do we get around it? Surely you should be able to arm it and then walk through a motion sensor to get out??

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Isn't that an alarm system problem not c4?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

No because I can use the actual alarm keypad and then walk out whilst triggering a sensor just fine. But if I use the C4 touch screen to arm, it won't work.

It's like C4 have a bit of code that says if arming & motion detected, stop the arm.

1 minute ago, lippavisual said:

C4 does not stop you from arming anything.

get your security guy back out  and either remove the motion to somewhere else, take it out completely or program that motion to a non-trouble zone. 

But we would need that motion sensor where it is. Why can't we just arm it from the T3 and then leave.

I assume a non trouble zone means it won't trigger the alarm, but it needs to - it's right by the house entrance.

Quite correct... you need an exit delay. You can get round this by using an experience button to set the alarm and code your own delay. I.e. on button press:

-> delay 1 minute

-> arm system to away mode.

I do something similar for when I leave the house... I press a button and then leave. The button starts a timer for a minute.  When this expires it tries to arm the house.  If a zone is open, it sets another variable to true and whenever the system is secure (no zones open -like the garage door) and the variable is true, it arms the house.

I've just checked out setup and it seems right. The entrance motion sensor is set to "Edit/Entry 1" which lets you specify a timer for how long it should wait and let you get out before leaving.

It works fine on the actual alarm keypad, but I can't get it working with C4 properly.

Just now, South Africa C4 user said:

Does your driver also have exit delays in it? They probably need to be set equal to the alarm systems delays... I know the Domosapiens DSC Driver has exit delays of this nature.

Yeah there is an exit & entry delay option in the driver. So far I have only found it affects the countdown shown on the C4 app.

I've just done some troubleshooting.

If I arm the house from the alarm keypad and walk through the hallway it will continue with the alarm countdown properly (and beeping to let us know it is counting down) and after 45 seconds the house will be armed.

If I arm the house from the T3 touchscreen and walk through the hallway the beeping will stop and after 45 seconds the house remains unarmed.

So the alarm itself works fine, but I can't arm it from C4 devices. Alarm system and driver being used is Texecom.

Exit delay allows for after the alarm is armed, you aren't getting that far due to trouble zone exclusion. Is your alarm panel in range of the motion in question? If not the alarm company set it up with the scenario in mind that you are not arming it from another location

Just now, sonic30101 said:

Exit delay allows for after the alarm is armed, you aren't getting that far due to trouble zone exclusion. Is your alarm panel in range of the motion in question? If not the alarm company set it up with the scenario in mind that you are not arming it from another location

Once we arm it from the keypad, we have to walk through that motion sensor to leave, so yeah, it is in range.

3 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Once we arm it from the keypad, we have to walk through that motion sensor to leave, so yeah, it is in range.

"Once we arm it" you are not able to arm it from c4 since the alarm system does not ignore it DURING the arming process.

Try this. Have someone set off the motion while another person tries to arm it from the keypad. If it won't arm the issue is the security system not c4.

1 minute ago, sonic30101 said:

"Once we arm it" you are not able to arm it from c4 since the alarm system does not ignore it DURING the arming process.

Try this. Have someone set off the motion while another person tries to arm it from the keypad. If it won't arm the issue is the security system not c4.

Yeah I have tried that multiple times.

I arm it from the keypad, walk straight to the motion sensor by the entrance, start waving at it and it will keep arming.

If I arm it from C4, walk straight to the motion sensor by the entrance and start waving, it won't arm.

I also tried having people walking around the motion sensor whilst i armed from the alarm keypad it and it still armed properly.

20 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Yeah there is an exit & entry delay option in the driver. So far I have only found it affects the countdown shown on the C4 app.

I've just done some troubleshooting.

If I arm the house from the alarm keypad and walk through the hallway it will continue with the alarm countdown properly (and beeping to let us know it is counting down) and after 45 seconds the house will be armed.

If I arm the house from the T3 touchscreen and walk through the hallway the beeping will stop and after 45 seconds the house remains unarmed.

So the alarm itself works fine, but I can't arm it from C4 devices. Alarm system and driver being used is Texecom.

I don’t know Texecom at all... but if you say the beeping starts and then stops when it senses motion if you arm from C4 and not if you arm from the alarm panel then it sounds like the driver is executing a different alarm type from what the control panel is doing... That said, I am not aware of any types except stay, away and instant... but then again my experience has all been with my DSC system,

I assume that you are currently arming by pressing the away button.  Have you tried arming by entering your code on the C4 virtual keypad?

15 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I don’t know Texecom at all... but if you say the beeping starts and then stops when it senses motion if you arm from C4 and not if you arm from the alarm panel then it sounds like the driver is executing a different alarm type from what the control panel is doing... That said, I am not aware of any types except stay, away and instant... but then again my experience has all been with my DSC system,

I assume that you are currently arming by pressing the away button.  Have you tried arming by entering your code on the C4 virtual keypad?

Currently arming by just pressing the “press to arm” button and then entering in the code. Virtual keypad doesn’t seem to be working at all. 

I can help with this one.

The control panels sees the control4 system as a remote arm, because of this it assumes you are in a remote location.

what you need to do is go in to zones and check "access" this is in Attributes 1. This allows the system to not panic when it sees the front door or hall sensors.

1 hour ago, David Paxton said:

I can help with this one.

The control panels sees the control4 system as a remote arm, because of this it assumes you are in a remote location.

what you need to do is go in to zones and check "access" this is in Attributes 1. This allows the system to not panic when it sees the front door or hall sensors.

Thanks! How am I getting into Zones and attributes 1? The sensor is number 4 and it's type is Entry/Exit 1. How can I check and change it's Attributes 1? I have access to the engineers panel but can't find it anywhere :P

i set it and got that bit working now. I also set all other zones from Guard to Guard Access. 

The only issue we now have seems to be a proper C4 limitation. If you try and arm whilst there is movement going on and zones are active, you can't do it from the touchscreen (but can from the keypad). But if you stay still, no zones are active, then arm from the touchscreen and then some zones go active, it'll still arm.

Any ideas on that one?

Archived