Jump to content

Recommended Posts


21 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Yeah. Just seen it and there are a lottttt of bug fixes. Probably something everyone on 2.10 should have installed!

yes, exactly. A lot of audio fixes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

yes, exactly. A lot of audio fixes 

Do you think this could fix the following issue I have in the cinema room:

let’s say I’m playing on the Xbox or watching a movie and someone rings the gate bell. That plays an announcement on all speakers in the house. This works but for the cinema room it causes the screen to go black, then the announcement plays, then the screen goes back to what’s on. 

Or do you know of what could be causing this and if there’s a fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Do you think this could fix the following issue I have in the cinema room:

let’s say I’m playing on the Xbox or watching a movie and someone rings the gate bell. That plays an announcement on all speakers in the house. This works but for the cinema room it causes the screen to go black, then the announcement plays, then the screen goes back to what’s on. 

Or do you know of what could be causing this and if there’s a fix?

idk and its hard to say from the release notes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Do you think this could fix the following issue I have in the cinema room:

let’s say I’m playing on the Xbox or watching a movie and someone rings the gate bell. That plays an announcement on all speakers in the house. This works but for the cinema room it causes the screen to go black, then the announcement plays, then the screen goes back to what’s on. 

Or do you know of what could be causing this and if there’s a fix?

Sounds like normal behavior when using the snapshot driver for announcements.  Your receiver needs to switch to C4 input to hear the audio announcement. Then switches back to what you were doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Sounds like normal behavior when using the snapshot driver for announcements.  Your receiver needs to switch to C4 input to hear the audio announcement. Then switches back to what you were doing. 

Is there anyway around this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Sounds like normal behavior when using the snapshot driver for announcements.  Your receiver needs to switch to C4 input to hear the audio announcement. Then switches back to what you were doing. 

 

6 hours ago, Shivam Paw said:

Is there anyway around this?

the problem is not control4 its your equipment / configuration.

likely the setup is Source > AVR > TV

you could go Source audio > AVR  Source Video > TV separately this will keep the video on the tv while audio is playing.

Some AVRS have audio inputs only that allow video pass through of the last video source. Typically this is the cd input and needs to be enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

last time i posted the release notes got a finger pointed at me buy basically 2.10.1 breaks down to

a bunch of bug fixes and firmware for some lights and sr260

add the new hardware ca1

and thats about it

wont see any cool features until 2.11 i am sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

 

the problem is not control4 its your equipment / configuration.

likely the setup is Source > AVR > TV

you could go Source audio > AVR  Source Video > TV separately this will keep the video on the tv while audio is playing.

Some AVRS have audio inputs only that allow video pass through of the last video source. Typically this is the cd input and needs to be enabled.

Currently the AVR heads out to a 5.1 sound system and hdmi out to projector.

The AVR is Onkyo SR-608. It supports ARC, don't think that's what you mean though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Currently the AVR heads out to a 5.1 sound system and hdmi out to projector.

The AVR is Onkyo SR-608. It supports ARC, don't think that's what you mean though.

you are correct ARC does not do that.

so you will need to follow one of the two options i listed. I do not think the ar-608 supports the pass through though

 

you could go Source audio > AVR  Source Video > TV separately this will keep the video on the tv while audio is playing.

Some AVRS have audio inputs only that allow video pass through of the last video source. Typically this is the cd input and needs to be enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look in your avr config settings, where you can select what hdmi input is used for each labeled input.  If you can select cd and assign it the same hdmi as your main feed, then that’s all that is needed.

otherwise, you’d have to purchase something that is capable of it. Marantz I know of for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Look in your avr config settings, where you can select what hdmi input is used for each labeled input.  If you can select cd and assign it the same hdmi as your main feed, then that’s all that is needed.

otherwise, you’d have to purchase something that is capable of it. Marantz I know of for sure. 

input assignment is not what you want as this might screw up the hdmi audio. it should be some setting related to video passthrough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

input assignment is not what you want as this might screw up the hdmi audio. it should be some setting related to video passthrough

Okie dokie so done a bit of work on this and found out the following:

EA3 is connected to PC hdmi. There are also L and R audio wires for PC audio in. I’m guessing this is from the C4 amp? There were also 1 optical audio in in use and 1 coaxial audio in in use so I’m not 100% sure which one it is..anyway to check?

If it is one of the digital ones (optical or coaxial) I should just be able to assign it to the tv/cd digital audio input instead of Whichever it is currently in. That should fix it right? But do any changes in connections need to be made in composer pro? If so, which? 

ive got a copy of all the current connections through the project report but I can’t actually find much about what the C4 amp connects to.

thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

input assignment is not what you want as this might screw up the hdmi audio. it should be some setting related to video passthrough

Well that’s where it’s usually configured so don’t know what to tell you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah mainly just bug fixes, I think the most exiting thing in 2.10.1 was 5Ghz on T3's which says a lot.  Having said that, I'd rather bug fixes then new features anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shivam Paw said:

Okie dokie so done a bit of work on this and found out the following:

EA3 is connected to PC hdmi. There are also L and R audio wires for PC audio in. I’m guessing this is from the C4 amp? There were also 1 optical audio in in use and 1 coaxial audio in in use so I’m not 100% sure which one it is..anyway to check?

If it is one of the digital ones (optical or coaxial) I should just be able to assign it to the tv/cd digital audio input instead of Whichever it is currently in. That should fix it right? But do any changes in connections need to be made in composer pro? If so, which? 

ive got a copy of all the current connections through the project report but I can’t actually find much about what the C4 amp connects to.

thanks :)

then some one needs to program the cd input for audio and the hdmi disabled on the ea3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Benn Howard said:

Yeah mainly just bug fixes, I think the most exiting thing in 2.10.1 was 5Ghz on T3's which says a lot.  Having said that, I'd rather bug fixes then new features anyway!

slightly bummed just bought a few t3's hoping they are v2 or they might have a trip back to c4 as an rma. 

How about both bug fixes and new features those are my favorite releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

then some one needs to program the cd input for audio and the hdmi disabled on the ea3

 

Would that mean I can’t use the on screen navigator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...