Jump to content

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Steelermedallion said:

Anyone know if the known bug with the new Yale lock is included in the point release?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which issue is that? Which Yale Lock? I know Yale is working on an updated driver to fix some reported issues with their locks. 

I can investigate more if you can clarify on the issues you're talking about.

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2018 at 3:23 PM, Matt said:

Which issue is that? Which Yale Lock? I know Yale is working on an updated driver to fix some reported issues with their locks. 

I can investigate more if you can clarify on the issues you're talking about.

Matt

Hi Matt

Is Yale planning an experience button so the locks are not tied up in the same list as alarm sensors and water sensors. Similar to the garage door experience button recently released. I started a thread on this in third party hardware but it has no action. I thought of developing one myself with my installer but don't want to invest the time if it's being done already??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Hi Matt

Is Yale planning an experience button so the locks are not tied up in the same list as alarm sensors and water sensors. Similar to the garage door experience button recently released. I started a thread on this in third party hardware but it has no action. I thought of developing one myself with my installer but don't want to invest the time if it's being done already??

there is already an experience button for locks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are Control4 drivers, in the online database.

  • Relay Door Controller (OS2.9+)
  • Relay Garage Door Controller (OS2.9+)
  • Relay Gate Controller (OS2.9+)
  • Relay Window Controller (OS2.9+)

These all work the same way, they can be configured to control and monitor Doors, Garage Doors, Gates, or Windows, with 1, 2, or 3 relays, configured as toggle or hold, and can be configured to monitor with 1 or 2 contact sensors (one for opened, one for closed).

The Lock Experience Button is:

  • Door Auto-Lock (OS2.9+)

It is designed to connect to one relay and one contact sensor.  It shows door state, and can be setup to automatically lock the lock after a programmable time, *if the door is closed*.  I use this with my different brand locks, so all my doors are auto locked 5 minutes after they're unlocked, if the door is closed.

5 minutes is longer than any manufacturer's auto-lock time, and their auto-lock doesn't know if the door is closed, so it'll often lock while I'm talking to someone at the door.

RyanE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got some pics of what the experience buttons look like? So far all I’ve seen is Alan’s paid driver but isn’t there some free native solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experience buttons look like whatever icons the creator of the experience button included.

So the Garage Door experience button looks like a garage door, with multiple states (Open, Closed, Partially Open, and Unknown).  Unknown is the state when the sensors are in an impossible state (i.e. you have both open and closed sensors both triggered).  The others are the same (Door / Window / Gate).

The Auto Lock driver shows Locked, Unlocked, and Open icons.  It lets you choose whether the lock shown on the icon is Red/Green, Green/Red, or Black/Black.  Some people think that it should show Red when locked, some people think it should show Green when locked, and some people are colorblind.  :)

Here are pictures of all the (Door/Garage Door/Gate/Window) Experience buttons showing open, then closed states, and the Auto Lock button showing the locked, and unlocked states (with the Red/Green icon set).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5e0xp1gg357pdb/20180215_093030.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/li680n505j1gc6z/20180215_093132.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't great.

Note: The Garage Door driver has 2 icon sets as well, one with a brown colored garage door (shown here), and another with a white colored garage door (similar to the door pictures).

RyanE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RyanE said:

Experience buttons look like whatever icons the creator of the experience button included.

So the Garage Door experience button looks like a garage door, with multiple states (Open, Closed, Partially Open, and Unknown).  Unknown is the state when the sensors are in an impossible state (i.e. you have both open and closed sensors both triggered).  The others are the same (Door / Window / Gate).

The Auto Lock driver shows Locked, Unlocked, and Open icons.  It lets you choose whether the lock shown on the icon is Red/Green, Green/Red, or Black/Black.  Some people think that it should show Red when locked, some people think it should show Green when locked, and some people are colorblind.  :)

Here are pictures of all the (Door/Garage Door/Gate/Window) Experience buttons showing open, then closed states, and the Auto Lock button showing the locked, and unlocked states (with the Red/Green icon set).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5e0xp1gg357pdb/20180215_093030.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/li680n505j1gc6z/20180215_093132.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't great.

Note: The Garage Door driver has 2 icon sets as well, one with a brown colored garage door (shown here), and another with a white colored garage door (similar to the door pictures).

RyanE

 

Wow those look good! Is this available natively? Like if I just asked my dealer to add the gate experience button to the security part of the room navigation then he could do it without any hassle?

right now we use custom buttons for the gate but I like the feedback this provides if it can be done :)

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical Garage Door setup is a toggle relay, and a 'closed door' sensor.

i.e. the sensor is triggered (closed) when the garage door is closed.  In that case, you would bind the sensor to the 'Closed Contact' binding.

If you had a sensor that indicated when the door was fully open, and a separate sensor for when the door is fully closed, you would use both.

The benefit of having both is that then the driver can indicate a 'partially open' state, and a partially opened LED color.  If you only have one sensor, you only know that it's at least a little open.

RyanE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...