Jump to content
alanchow

Chowmain - TP-Link Wifi Smart Home Driver Suite

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dave Bowen said:

Brilliant

Thanks Alan, I’ll order one from Amazon now and give it a go. 

I’ve a few Clients who will love that (and so will my kids)

Yeah my oldest daughter has been using this functionality since she was 3 on her wii.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Alan,

I am interested in using your driver with the HS-300 Power strips. I live in Argentina were we use the same outlets as Australia. The HS-300 that are sold in Australia have the American outlet or the Australian one? If it is the Australian one, do you know some online store that could ship to Argentina?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Fernando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ferbor said:

Dear Alan,

I am interested in using your driver with the HS-300 Power strips. I live in Argentina were we use the same outlets as Australia. The HS-300 that are sold in Australia have the American outlet or the Australian one? If it is the Australian one, do you know some online store that could ship to Argentina?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Fernando

We don't have it here in Australia.  I am utilising a HS-300 purchased from the US.  It is 110v only.  The US is a big market for us so we have to support US only products 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Alan,

Lets us hope TP-Link expands the range at some moment. In Argentina  TP Link is a quite popular brand but mainly on everything related to connectivity.

Best regards!

Fernando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE

Added support for the following products

Both of these products are extremely unique in the market.  The in-wall dual outlet is perfect for those who like aesthetically pleasing discrete looks.  The Outdoor dual outlet is IP64 rated.  This means that its air-tight and rain proof.  Both of these are wifi controlled and offer individual control over each outlet.

https://chowmainsoft.com/tplink-control4

D5DGF5mUcAECoaQ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone on here had an issue where some of your devices take on the IP address of one of your other TP-Link devices? Right now I have an HS220 and an HS105 that seem stuck on the IP address of one of my HS100s. I can't seem to get the IP addresses to change in Composer HE. As soon as I re-enter the correct IP address, it reverts back to the incorrect IP address from the other device. Attempted an EA5 reboot and that didn't fix it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rea said:

Has anyone on here had an issue where some of your devices take on the IP address of one of your other TP-Link devices? Right now I have an HS220 and an HS105 that seem stuck on the IP address of one of my HS100s. I can't seem to get the IP addresses to change in Composer HE. As soon as I re-enter the correct IP address, it reverts back to the incorrect IP address from the other device. Attempted an EA5 reboot and that didn't fix it. 

Sounds like you have auto discovery enabled without a mac address entered in.  Either disable it or enter in the correct mac address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, alanchow said:

Sounds like you have auto discovery enabled without a mac address entered in.  Either disable it or enter in the correct mac address.

That was it! Thanks @alanchow...I definitely forgot to look at the MAC addresses. 

Follow up question for you or any of the other users of this driver: is there a way to program off a button press on the HS220? I've got several TP-Link devices in my project and my lone HS220 seems to be the only one that C4 has a hard time recognizing any action that I don't instigate from C4. All of my programming from C4 for it works great, but if I change the light level via physically pressing the switch or through the Kasa app, C4 doesn't seem to pick up anything has happened. My plugs (HS1xx) and bulbs all seems to provide very quick two-way feedback. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rea said:

That was it! Thanks @alanchow...I definitely forgot to look at the MAC addresses. 

Follow up question for you or any of the other users of this driver: is there a way to program off a button press on the HS220? I've got several TP-Link devices in my project and my lone HS220 seems to be the only one that C4 has a hard time recognizing any action that I don't instigate from C4. All of my programming from C4 for it works great, but if I change the light level via physically pressing the switch or through the Kasa app, C4 doesn't seem to pick up anything has happened. My plugs (HS1xx) and bulbs all seems to provide very quick two-way feedback. 

 

All of the drivers (including bulbs) poll for changes.  As such it may take about 30 seconds or so to obtain feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, alanchow said:

All of the drivers (including bulbs) poll for changes.  As such it may take about 30 seconds or so to obtain feedback.

Thanks...I'll give this a try and see if it works. 

 

EDIT: @alanchow I gave this a try and even after 5 minutes I got no response from actions on the HS220. If I dim/turn on the bulb outside of C4, the light level doesn't update in C4 even after several minutes either (all other devices seem to do this very well). Thanks for all the help. I'll try and shoot Drivercentral a support ticket or have my dealer look into it when I add a couple more bulbs to the project in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by rea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...