C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - TP-Link Wifi Smart Home Driver Suite

alanchow

43 minutes ago, jfh said:

@alanchow can you verify this is an issue?

I checked the code quickly and can see that it only fires the event if the state is changed.  We advised this to driverCentral yesterday when i assume you emailed them about it.

Won't be able to dig in further until after CEDIA as we have about 4 or 5 contracts to finish in the next two weeks that is being showed off at CEDIA (eek).

40 minutes ago, alanchow said:

I checked the code quickly and can see that it only fires the event if the state is changed.  We advised this to driverCentral yesterday when i assume you emailed them about it.

Won't be able to dig in further until after CEDIA as we have about 4 or 5 contracts to finish in the next two weeks that is being showed off at CEDIA (eek).

Bummer.  Would appreciate a closer look when CEDIA is over.  I can reproduce the situation easily and consistently.  As a customer, I don’t have any way to get feedback from driverCentral.  I can just thank them for reporting the issue.  I hate the idea of wasting my dealer’s time by having them play middle man.

I log a message for both the on and off events  using your event logging driver and I get a message every polling interval from the HSXXX driver whether the HS110 state changes or not.  

(Note that if I check the state of the associated Chowmain light driver device that driver only fires events if/on if/off when expected.  I could go that route but that doesn’t solve the underlying issue).

FYI i do not see a similar problem with the 103/105 driver.

I’ll do some more testing deleting switch out of Kasa  / reinstalling getting  a driver delete/reinstall done and trying another HS110 to see if works as expected.

1 hour ago, jfh said:

Bummer.  Would appreciate a closer look when CEDIA is over.  I can reproduce the situation easily and consistently.  As a customer, I don’t have any way to get feedback from driverCentral.  I can just thank them for reporting the issue.  I hate the idea of wasting my dealer’s time by having them play middle man.

I log a message for both the on and off events  using your event logging driver and I get a message every polling interval from the HSXXX driver whether the HS110 state changes or not.  

(Note that if I check the state of the associated Chowmain light driver device that driver only fires events if/on if/off when expected.  I could go that route but that doesn’t solve the underlying issue).

FYI i do not see a similar problem with the 103/105 driver.

I’ll do some more testing deleting switch out of Kasa  / reinstalling getting  a driver delete/reinstall done and trying another HS110 to see if works as expected.

The 103 / 105 driver utilises the same underlying code so if you're not seeing it with that then you might be on an older version of the driver.

25 minutes ago, alanchow said:

The 103 / 105 driver utilises the same underlying code so if you're not seeing it with that then you might be on an older version of the driver.

I am on version 20190619.  driverCentral did not answer when I asked if there was a more recent version.  I do have auto update on.  Looking inside the driver, the code modification date is 6/19/2019 11:29 AM

Is that the most current version of HS1xx ?

Dealer downloaded the driver package.  Same HS1xx version as before.  Deleted/readded the driver.  No change.  Still fires event every polling interval.

Deleting/Readding from Kasa ap and trying a different physical plug did not change anything.

A competitor’s HS110 driver works as expected, so I’m working on the premise there is a problem with the 6/19 version of the driver.  Will use a different model switch for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 5:12 AM, jfh said:

Dealer downloaded the driver package.  Same HS1xx version as before.  Deleted/readded the driver.  No change.  Still fires event every polling interval.

Deleting/Readding from Kasa ap and trying a different physical plug did not change anything.

A competitor’s HS110 driver works as expected, so I’m working on the premise there is a problem with the 6/19 version of the driver.  Will use a different model switch for now.

Managed to replicate the problem and resolve the issue.  Effects all drivers.  If you have auto update enabled it should fix itself upon next check in.

30 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Managed to replicate the problem and resolve the issue.  Effects all drivers.  If you have auto update enabled it should fix itself upon next check in.

Great!  Thanks for the follow up.  

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, rea said:

@alanchow any plans to add support for the new Kasa light strip for the driver (or any idea if it works using one of the color bulbs)? 

Holy shit when did they release that.  Will have to get one to check it out.  In theory it should just work with our existing bulb driver.  Everything we have tested thus far has worked well on that driver.

35 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Holy shit when did they release that.  Will have to get one to check it out.  In theory it should just work with our existing bulb driver.  Everything we have tested thus far has worked well on that driver.

I saw it pop up on my Amazon page in the past couple of weeks that it was available so it can't have been out for long.

And sounds great...I'll be eager to hear if it works. If I get one beforehand, I will report if it works with the current bulb driver. 

2 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/smart-lighting/kasa-smart-led-light-strip-kl430

Is this the best way to get LED light strips integrated or is DMX better?

I'm not sure if anyone on here has actually attempted the TP-Link Kasa light strip integration...they are very new. I'm planning on grabbing one (hoping for Black Friday special) and will attempt then if @alanchow hasn't made it official by then. 

I think there's a Chowmain driver for one of the other light strip brands and Hue has them as well. I like the Kasa stuff and they seem to keep expanding so I've been trying to use their stuff. I'm willing to wait and try to keep things somewhat standardized. 

7 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

@rea I would be interested to know if it can be hard wired into the panel or if it only can  be plugged into a wall socket

From what I can see, the only option would be to plug the provided power adapter into a wall socket. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TP-Link pushed out a control breaking firmware over the weekend.  We are happy to say that we have updated the drivers to resolve issues and have pushed it out to all sites.  As such it should be invisible to the majority of people.  Note this should only effect people using the TP-Link HS1XX driver and the TP-Link Light Bulb driver.

40 minutes ago, alanchow said:

TP-Link pushed out a control breaking firmware over the weekend.  We are happy to say that we have updated the drivers to resolve issues and have pushed it out to all sites.  As such it should be invisible to the majority of people.  Note this should only effect people using the TP-Link HS1XX driver and the TP-Link Light Bulb driver.

@alanchow I just tested this and all of my bulbs in the system are having issues. I can turn them on via C4 and change the dimming levels, but they all seem to have lost two-way feedback from Kasa--C4 doesn't read any change in dimming levels or on/off status made via Kasa app. I've got KL110 and LB120s in the system. All are showing "20191211" as driver version in Composer HE. 

All of my HS1xx plugs, my outdoor plug and my dimmer switches seem to be functioning as expected. Anyone else having this issue?

23 minutes ago, rea said:

@alanchow I just tested this and all of my bulbs in the system are having issues. I can turn them on via C4 and change the dimming levels, but they all seem to have lost two-way feedback from Kasa--C4 doesn't read any change in dimming levels or on/off status made via Kasa app. I've got KL110 and LB120s in the system. All are showing "20191211" as driver version in Composer HE. 

All of my HS1xx plugs, my outdoor plug and my dimmer switches seem to be functioning as expected. Anyone else having this issue?

Let me try to replicate it.  The LB driver was verified working via a few beta testers.  I'll schedule some time tomorrow to test it out more on our test bench.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:48 AM, alanchow said:

Let me try to replicate it.  The LB driver was verified working via a few beta testers.  I'll schedule some time tomorrow to test it out more on our test bench.

Have replicated the problem and have fixed it.  Also realised that i did not update the HS220 driver to the new protocol as well.  Updated and tested that as well.

Also added HS200 as a seperate driver rather than using the HS1XX driver + outlet light driver for easier programming and also a few other tidbits that have been reported / asked for.

Pushed out the update to all systems.

Alan - I definitely got the update. My LB Bulbs (all 11) are misbehaving. They do not show the proper state (if at all) on the SR Remotes and I cannot turn them off or on from the C4 app. Hit or miss. Not trying to bring you grief, really trying to be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk