C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - TP-Link Wifi Smart Home Driver Suite

alanchow

Same here too. Driver says drawing zero watts even though it had switched on. Still functional but getting notifications for when I test whether it's actually on. Kasa App is showing the correct power draw

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pushed an update out.  Changelog for the past week below

Version #20191216 - 16-DEC-2019

• Fixed energy for HS110 on new protocol.
  • Fixed energy for HS300 due to incorrect resetting of min/max readings.
  • Fixed discovery of HS220
  • Fixed toggle for HS220
  • Fixed toggle for Bulbs

Version #20191213 - 13-DEC-2019

• Fixed energy variables for HS300
  • Updated HS220 to new protocol that the other drivers use.
  • Added HS200 driver so its easier to program rather than adding in HS1XX driver with the outlet light driver.
  • Added property to enable/disable auto hiding of proxies for light bulbs
  • Fixed issue affecting feedback introduced by version 20191211 for bulb drivers
  • Fixed advanced lighting scenes for HS220 not dimming correctly.

Version #20191211 - 11-DEC-2019

• Updated HS1XX and Bulb driver to new protocol that the other drivers use.

@msgreenf have you checked to see if this update fixed your issues? I tested mine late last night after I noticed the update pushed. Voltage in C4 now seems to be dynamic (not that it really matters), but the wattage was stuck at 0 (on/off still seems to work fine). C4 also still isn't seeing proper state feedback of the HS220s on a consistent basis. It turns them on/off and dims them just fine, but C4 doesn't report on/off or light level status the overwhelming majority of the time for me.  

@alanchow is it possible the US versions of these are responding to the driver updates differently?

On 12/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, rea said:

@msgreenf have you checked to see if this update fixed your issues? I tested mine late last night after I noticed the update pushed. Voltage in C4 now seems to be dynamic (not that it really matters), but the wattage was stuck at 0 (on/off still seems to work fine). C4 also still isn't seeing proper state feedback of the HS220s on a consistent basis. It turns them on/off and dims them just fine, but C4 doesn't report on/off or light level status the overwhelming majority of the time for me.  

@alanchow is it possible the US versions of these are responding to the driver updates differently?

Yup. Broken still for me to @alanchow

Same here regarding my energy monitoring outlet. But I do notice the bulbs seem to turn off and on with feedback from the C4 app, which definitely was previously broken.

Standing by. I’m confident this particular driver issue will get figured out sooner rather than later. What is it with all of these device updates recently? So many of mine are broken right now... not necessarily C4 broken. Denon, Samsung, Roku (these are EDID issues unrelated to C4) and TP-Link. Is it the time of year to push out updates? In the case of the latest EDID issue I’m experiencing, each mfr is pointing a finger at one or both of the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news on energy monitoring?

My bulbs are working fantastically (except 1, explained below having nothing to do with the fix and new feature).

And...!!!!! The SR off/on now works with feedback@alanchow. It’s working exactly how I’ve been asking you about! Thank you, sir! I can highly recommend the TP bulbs now, based upon how well they integrate, their features and how inexpensive they are. I hide everything but brightness, so they don’t clutter my SR’s or C4 app. I think the other control is more suitable for a touchscreen. Also, The mini outlets are fantastic too. I use the driver/outlet switch/experience button combo and it’s hard to believe for less than $20 you have a solid reliable outlet.

The single issue I’m having right now is one of my bulbs turns on with the SR’s, but immediately dims to 5%. I’m thinking it has to do with a custom/default setting in the Kasa App, but can’t seem to figure it out. This particular bulb doesn’t show feedback. I think because it’s such a small draw, the driver doesn’t know it’s on. Not sure it could possibly make a difference, but I have that one setup on a separate SSID (was testing potentially moving all bulbs and switches to their own SSID).

It won't work on a separate vlan. Do you have it on a separate vlan?

Not a separate vlan Mitch, just a separate SSID. I don’t think that’s the issue. I feel like it’s getting that Kasa setting or programming somewhere (app or C4 programming). I double checked to make sure there was no programming that would have effected that, doesn’t seem to be. I’m going to look at the LUA log thus afternoon and compare a working one with this one.

Is your energy outlet working? Even before the break, mine wasn’t sending the push ever since I replaced that bad outlet. Everything looks good, not sure what’s going on.

2 hours ago, time2jet said:

The single issue I’m having right now is one of my bulbs turns on with the SR’s, but immediately dims to 5%. I’m thinking it has to do with a custom/default setting in the Kasa App, but can’t seem to figure it out. This particular bulb doesn’t show feedback. I think because it’s such a small draw, the driver doesn’t know it’s on. Not sure it could possibly make a difference, but I have that one setup on a separate SSID (was testing potentially moving all bulbs and switches to their own SSID).

[BULB ISSUE RESOLVED] - Deleted & Re-Added the Driver 

On 12/18/2019 at 4:53 AM, rea said:

I tested my HS110 here again and it works.  Could be a difference between AU and US versions of the outlet. Will order a US one from amazon and confirm.

3 hours ago, alanchow said:

Version #20191223 - 23-DEC-2019

• Improved rediscovery of light bulbs if no response.
  • Fixed issue with HS110(US). For some reason US versions utilise watts (POWER) where international is Milliwatts (POWER_MW)

Thanks, Alan! Tested tonight and power monitoring is working again with the HS110 (US version).  

Mine is working now as well. Sounds like everything is now working.

I only own one HS110, several mini outlets (HS105)’s and a dozen LB130 bulbs, but all of those are working great and I’m so happy that the latest update now allows me to use the bulbs like any other lighting. They all turn off and on every time with proper state feedback on all UI’s.

I definitely recommend the Chowmain driver and the TP Products. They’re a very inexpensive, but sure fire solution to outlet & bulb control. For me, I needed bulbs (and also outlets) that used Wi-Fi. My rack room was too far way from many of my devices, so propriety band/tech products requiring communication with a bridge weren’t possible. (Hue devices all individually talk to the bridge and nothing repeats, Caseta has a way to repeat the bridge, but only at one single point). So without running additional cable and power to move and centralize the bridges or, Wi-Fi was my solution. With @alanchow ‘s driver, the TP link products work fantastic and are my complete and perfect solution for this. I can program specific color flashes from certain bulbs for certain conditions, etc. They all can be used in ALS. Good, inexpensive solutions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 9:30 AM, rea said:

@alanchow any plans to add support for the new Kasa light strip for the driver (or any idea if it works using one of the color bulbs)? 

This has now been integrated now.  Was a bit of a pain but got everything integrated.

Note this is a new driver in the suite and effects must be executed in via a programming command (it was either that or add in 18 light proxies which after an internal office vote decided it would clutter navigator).

For those who are not familiar with the TP-Link KL430 strip.  This is a 2 meter wifi controlled RGBW LED strip that is extendable upto 10 meters and provides control over brightness, hue (color), saturation, color temperature and lastly effects (this is pre-defined by TP-Link and utilise the different color zones and segments to do pretty cool stuff).  

https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/smart-lighting/kasa-smart-led-light-strip-kl430

• 3 weeks later...

On the KL430 I'm getting a different behavior than the rest of my Kasa stuff on power on/off. With the switches if I power on or off from C4 the C4 UI responds instantly and the light responds almost immediately after. If I turn off the light from the switch or from kasa for example, I understand that I have to wait for the set polling time to kick in for the C4 status to update.

With the KL430 when I turn on/off, I get zero response from C4 but I get an almost immediate response from the strip, and it seems like I have to wait the full duration of polling interval for C4 to catch up with what I pressed in the C4 UI. Is there any way to make it more responsive like the rest of your drivers or is this something to do with how the light strip communicates? I'm ok with status lights not updating instantly when state is changed from another source (as expected with wifi polling), but if I send the command through C4 I think it should react in the UI like the others if it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 11:59 PM, jlemonakis said:

On the KL430 I'm getting a different behavior than the rest of my Kasa stuff on power on/off. With the switches if I power on or off from C4 the C4 UI responds instantly and the light responds almost immediately after. If I turn off the light from the switch or from kasa for example, I understand that I have to wait for the set polling time to kick in for the C4 status to update.

With the KL430 when I turn on/off, I get zero response from C4 but I get an almost immediate response from the strip, and it seems like I have to wait the full duration of polling interval for C4 to catch up with what I pressed in the C4 UI. Is there any way to make it more responsive like the rest of your drivers or is this something to do with how the light strip communicates? I'm ok with status lights not updating instantly when state is changed from another source (as expected with wifi polling), but if I send the command through C4 I think it should react in the UI like the others if it's possible.

I'm overseas at the moment (Rome and then Amsterdam) but can look at this later on when i return to the office.

Having said that you are probably best to reach out via our official support means (phone, chat, ticket) as you will get through to either driverCentral support in the US or our own support team in Melbourne.

I bought a two pack of HS103 outlet switches v2.  Both updated to the latest firmware.  Both work fine in the Kasa ap.  

Only one works fine in C4.  One driver instance populates correctly, one does not.  Manually adding the IPAD and MAC addresses makes no difference - the driver does not appear to communicate with the switch.  is this likely to be a driver or hardware issue?