c4forums | The Control4 Community

Ordered 2 more HS103s in hopes I could get one working with C4.  Neither of my two new ones are talking with the driver.  So, out of 4 new switches installed in the last two days only one Is identified and working with C4.

All 4 devices are Hardware Version 2.1 and Firmware 1.1.2

The only one working is the first one identified by the HS103/HS105  driver dated 1/30/20 added yesterday.   I have a number of HS105 outlets (h/w version 1.0 and firmware 1.5.6) using the same driver that are working fine.

15/02/2020 15:13:23 - Sending packet: {"system":{"get_sysinfo":[]}}

LUA_ERROR [id: 4723][name: HS103 Smart Wifi Plug145][file: driverworks_tplink_hs103.c4z][method: OnTimerExpired]: [string "Lua Code"]:1148: No address associated with name

LUA output from the working HS103 all looks as you would expect it to.  I would guess that there is a driver incompatibility with the HS103 v2 and/or firmware but that doesn't explain why one works and the other three don't.

Guidance appreciated. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE This driver suite now supports the following models. HS107 Dual Outlet - MSRP $39.99 HS300 Power Strip with energy monitoring - MSRP $79.99 I am exceptionally fond of the

Pushed an update out.  Changelog for the past week below Version #20191216 - 16-DEC-2019 Fixed energy for HS110 on new protocol. Fixed energy for HS300 due to incorrect resetting of

Chowmain - TP-Link Wifi Smart Home Driver Suite Chowmain has integrated the range of TP-Link Wifi based Smart Home products into Control4 with two way control and feedback.  This provides easy to

On 2/9/2020 at 9:36 AM, alanchow said:

I'm overseas at the moment (Rome and then Amsterdam) but can look at this later on when i return to the office.

Having said that you are probably best to reach out via our official support means (phone, chat, ticket) as you will get through to either driverCentral support in the US or our own support team in Melbourne.

There's not really a rush since it's just at my house, but the C4 UI definitely doesn't respond to state properly (huge delay) even though issued commands from UI happen fairly quickly. 

The end result is, you press the light button, light strip responds about two seconds later, but UI doesn't respond to your press or physical state change for ~10 seconds. I have a bunch of HS200s in the house as well and both command and feedback happens nearly instantly. 

off to on

16/02/2020 19:23:59 - ReceivedFromProxy [5001] : CLICK_TOGGLE_BUTTON
16/02/2020 19:24:00 - Sending encrypted packet: {"smartlife.iot.lightStrip":{"set_light_state":{"on_off":0,"transition":1,"brightness":0}},"smartlife.iot.lighting_effect":{"set_lighting_effect":{"enable":0}}}
16/02/2020 19:24:00 - Sending packet: {"system":{"get_sysinfo":[]}}
��
	on to off

16/02/2020 19:25:20 - ReceivedFromProxy [5001] : CLICK_TOGGLE_BUTTON
16/02/2020 19:25:21 - Sending encrypted packet: {"smartlife.iot.lighting_effect":{"set_lighting_effect":{"enable":0}},"smartlife.iot.lightStrip":{"set_light_state":{"on_off":0,"transition":1,"brightness":0}}}
16/02/2020 19:25:21 - Sending packet: {"system":{"get_sysinfo":[]}}

On 2/15/2020 at 3:36 PM, jfh said:

Ordered 2 more HS103s in hopes I could get one working with C4.  Neither of my two new ones are talking with the driver.  So, out of 4 new switches installed in the last two days only one Is identified and working with C4.

All 4 devices are Hardware Version 2.1 and Firmware 1.1.2

The only one working is the first one identified by the HS103/HS105  driver dated 1/30/20 added yesterday.   I have a number of HS105 outlets (h/w version 1.0 and firmware 1.5.6) using the same driver that are working fine.

15/02/2020 15:13:23 - Sending packet: {"system":{"get_sysinfo":[]}}

LUA_ERROR [id: 4723][name: HS103 Smart Wifi Plug145][file: driverworks_tplink_hs103.c4z][method: OnTimerExpired]: [string "Lua Code"]:1148: No address associated with name

LUA output from the working HS103 all looks as you would expect it to.  I would guess that there is a driver incompatibility with the HS103 v2 and/or firmware but that doesn't explain why one works and the other three don't.

Guidance appreciated. 

Don’t know if support did something or a reboot helped but all switches are identifying properly now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I bought a pair of HS200 Wifi Switches just to test the driver. I can't turn on the switches using their buttons in the C4 app (i can turn them off though).  I can turn them on using scenes, or just the button in composer. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

On 3/7/2020 at 11:03 AM, grandis12 said:

Hi! I bought a pair of HS200 Wifi Switches just to test the driver. I can't turn on the switches using their buttons in the C4 app (i can turn them off though).  I can turn them on using scenes, or just the button in composer. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey sorry for the late reply.  I don't frequent this forum as much as i used to due to high demand of our services. 

I think you reached out via our helpdesk and if so then we solved your problem.  Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just installed one HS220. I can l turn ight on/off  thrue C4, but dimming is not enable. I follow the installation guide.

Unistalled and install again the driver but doesn´t work.

Any additional consideration to take in account?

8 minutes ago, VEXTA said:

I just installed one HS220. I can l turn ight on/off  thrue C4, but dimming is not enable. I follow the installation guide.

Unistalled and install again the driver but doesn´t work.

Any additional consideration to take in account?

Wrong driver! Sorry guys!

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

there are 2 drivers called HS220 at onepoint one was mis-named and one was the dimmer and one was the switch - just making sure you were using the correct one?

You´re right, I selected the wrong driver.

Thank´s!