C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - TP-Link Wifi Smart Home Driver Suite

alanchow

2 hours ago, alanchow said:

We don’t have this functionality but am happy to provide you with a refund.

In future please use our 90 day trial to test out our drivers prior to purchase

Thank you, will do. Do you think I can use your free "ping" driver to just periodically detect device being offline and reset the state to off? Frankly I would rather find a way to make this work.

7 hours ago, aag said:

Thank you, will do. Do you think I can use your free "ping" driver to just periodically detect device being offline and reset the state to off? Frankly I would rather find a way to make this work.

Network offline state is not indicative of outlet on/off state.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, AshMania said:

Does this support the following light bulbs - KL110, KL125, KL130 and KL135?  Thanks

KL110 and 130 for sure.  

5 hours ago, AshMania said:

Does this support the following light bulbs - KL110, KL125, KL130 and KL135?  Thanks

The 110 & 130 for sure.  Not sure on the 125/135 as the documentation doesn’t include those.  

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, womble123 said:

Ah ok, is that a hardware problem or Control4/Tapo software? Just it seams alit easier to get hold of Tapo now.

it's not a "problem" - the driver you are talking about was developed for Kasa not Tapo - they don't work the same

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 3:48 PM, alanchow said:

Haven't tested the others.  It likely will work though.  If you have the bulbs already then i recommend you try it out using our 90 day trial.

Maybe my dealer didn't give me the entire driver package, but I don't see the driver for the KLxxx light bulbs.  And also no setup instructions for them either.  How do I install them?

21 hours ago, AshMania said:

Maybe my dealer didn't give me the entire driver package, but I don't see the driver for the KLxxx light bulbs.  And also no setup instructions for them either.  How do I install them?

The LB driver will work with the KL bulbs.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 8:22 PM, alanchow said:

MAJOR UPDATE

Updated Kasa driver to include support for KP105, KP115, KP400, KP401, KP405, EP10 and EP40 product models.

Hi alanchow,

Do we use the KP400 driver for the KP401?  I don't see a specific driver in the package.  If so, curious why the 400 driver keeps throwing a LUA error (table expected), probably because it is expecting status of two outlets?

From my navigator, using a KP400 I can turn the light on with your proxy driver, but it will not turn off.  I see in Lua every time I press the light on the touchscreen it generates an ON command.

I have several outlet strips in the system too and those work as expected.  Assuming I have something wrong with the driver?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, poisenoire said:

Hi alanchow,

Do we use the KP400 driver for the KP401?  I don't see a specific driver in the package.  If so, curious why the 400 driver keeps throwing a LUA error (table expected), probably because it is expecting status of two outlets?

From my navigator, using a KP400 I can turn the light on with your proxy driver, but it will not turn off.  I see in Lua every time I press the light on the touchscreen it generates an ON command.

I have several outlet strips in the system too and those work as expected.  Assuming I have something wrong with the driver?

Thanks!

We haven't tested it against that model so it may not work.

@Andrew lueckeis rewriting the TP-Link driver suite currently which will be due out to release in Q2 with some new features which we'll talk about more over the coming weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 9:07 PM, alanchow said:

We haven't tested it against that model so it may not work.

@Andrew lueckeis rewriting the TP-Link driver suite currently which will be due out to release in Q2 with some new features which we'll talk about more over the coming weeks.

I asked this question in another thread but is support being added for the new color wheel? can you talk more about it now since the announcement came out?

6 hours ago, therockhr said:

I asked this question in another thread but is support being added for the new color wheel? can you talk more about it now since the announcement came out?

Unsure what we're allowed to disclose at this time. Because the TPLink driver was written a lot time ago though, the entire TPLink package has been rewritten and simplified though as part of the beta (and a beta has already been provided to dealers who have requested it).

The biggest change in TPLink V2 (which uses the same licencing as V1) is that there are far less drivers dealers need to install, better support for future products, new light driver, a provisioning system for easy setup, and a generic outlet driver which should work for all outlets (instead of 10 different outlet drivers).

There are also many other improvements on the backend. 

Andy

• 6 months later...

Hello, I currently own a KP400 driver version 20211108 and looking to ad devices like HS100. It looks like there is new driver that will support HS100. What's the best way for me to upgrade to the new driver? Does the license I currently have cover upgrade to the new driver?  My controller is running 3.2.3.606460 (which I can upgrade).

1 hour ago, aag said:

Hello, I currently own a KP400 driver version 20211108 and looking to ad devices like HS100. It looks like there is new driver that will support HS100. What's the best way for me to upgrade to the new driver? Does the license I currently have cover upgrade to the new driver?  My controller is running 3.2.3.606460 (which I can upgrade).

Upgrade to OS 3.3.0 and install the newer driver that works for all models and is 2 universal drivers for all Kasa models.  No new license cost, just upgrade labor cost.  Happy to help you out if you don’t have a dealer to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, 1800INSTALL said:

having trouble binding the outlet to the control4 outlet driver

G'day, what outlet driver were you referring to? You can use the "Auto Setup Outlet Light" to display as a light, otherwise, any experience button can bind using relays if you don't want to treat it like a light 

• 1 month later...

Good news everyone. 

Our new Major KASA update 20221222 (5 months worth of work) is now on driverCentral. 

This brings 4 major new enhancement, and many smaller ones 

1. MAJOR Performance improvements (which consumed 90% of the time). Systems which were previously running at 25% CPU load (with 40% CPU spikes) were tested in this new version as maintaining a CPU load which never increased beyond 10%. Many of these are optimisations we originally added to Shelly. For this reason alone, we recommend everyone upgrade (as your primary controller should also run a bit cooler too if you have a lot of lights)
  2. Improved responsiveness. Control from C4 is now faster than ever, and feels more responsive.
  3. Improved VLAN Discovery support for TPLink Agent
  4. More consistent latency across all drivers on Controller (we stagger the driver load). This generally only affects large TPLink systems running on overloaded controllers. Keep in mind, if you are operating buggy drivers with major latency issues (such as the ping driver), this code may not be effective, and you will have to fix the root cause of your issue. This code will generally only help if the controller is overloaded or in very large installs. 

Full changelog is below 

## Version 20221222 - 2022-DEC-22

This is a Major Performance release which changes some fundamental ways the driver works. On large installations running underpowered controllers, this update has been demonstrated to bring the system load down from 25% load (with 40%+ spikes) to less than 10% running stable whilst allowing long polling and reduced latency across the entire system. This release introduces some of the similar optimisations which we previously added to Shelly. We no longer require fast polling for this driver to work reliably. User experience is improved and the entire experience should appear faster overall

Some major changes are as follows:

- Bulk Adjust all Poll Rates at once. This is ideal to speed up the drivers, or slow them down as required. (Agent)

- Stagger Polling between drivers over 30s to reduce CPU spikes. Instead of trying to pull all of the drivers at once, this means drivers will be polled gradually over a period of 30s or more (Light / Outlet)

- Increase Default Auto Discovery Poll Rate (Agent V2)

- Drivers will no longer report back their device details to agents every packet. Only when their Mac Address changes. Less Processing is now required (All V2)

- Only update provisioning directory when a device changes (All V2)

- Track less information for Provisioning purposes. Generate it only as required (All V2)

- Only try to receive data from a device after requesting it. Previously, we were regularly checking if there was data (Light V2 / Outlet V2)

- Low-Level major Performance improvements thanks to improvements made by SnapAV in OS 3. When upgrading from an earlier version of the driver, the controller requires a reboot for these optimisations to take effect

- Commands on average will now execute 500ms faster and feel instantaneous due to connection system enhancements (Light V2 / Outlet V2)

- Upgrade to new generation documentation system (All)

- Commands now include Device name to facilitate management (Outlet / Light)

- Split Code Base to facilitate bug finding (Outlet / Light)

- Ability to adjust Energy poll rate, or disable entirely. Some people may want to turn off energy polling if it isn't being used to reduce system load (Outlet)

- Light Status not updating correctly when using light bound directly to "outlet" WITHOUT outlet in place (Light)

- Add Support for subnet masks which are different to 255.255.255.0. Useful for Discovery on VLANS (Agent) - Requested by multiple people

- Major improvements to the connection stack to improve handling

Thanks everyone for the assistance including (but not limited to):

- Trey Nolan

- Clint Watkins

- Mitch Greenfield

- Nicolai Landschultz @ IndigoZest

- Snap AV Team

- Chris @ Electronic Living

- Everyone who responded to our facebook thread regarding documentation

- Everyone else who requested features or assisted with testing