C4 Forums | Control4

Which Audio / Video Swtich do you use ?

MSI

We would love to hear feedback from users and dealers about Audio/Video Swtiches ? (say for 4-6 inputs)

- Manufacturer and model of switch.

- Type of wires (component / Cat 5) to each TV

- Integrateion with C4

- Cost

I use a switch I got brand new online for $425 +shipping. I was reluctant because I had never heard of them, but it has been great.

It is made by shinybow. It is rack mountable and has IR and RS232 controls.

It has 6 inputs and 4 outputs. It does component video and stereo audio. I will be adding a switch that support digital audio when the basement gets done, plus this switch is all maxed out. It is the SB-5564. It has been great.

Yeah I know, but remember, I'm just the lowly Tech of a Dealer. Although if I go to the owner and say "HEY! I need THIS"... I will get it. But otherwise he seems to have an attachment to all the brands that he's used to. I specifically can NOT get him away from his speaker line even though there is much better quality at the same price points.

Anyway that's why I said been looking at others. I do get commissions, so the better profit margins are attractive to me as well. I'll be needing one 8x for my next project, and NeoPro Concord would fit perfect.

Jason,

Definitely take a look at NeoPro. Key Digi has been ripping your owner off for years!! They are way too expensive for the features and if I recall, the last time I used one, it went bad with no explanation as to why.

Thanks. I may just print this out and hand it to him :lol: (<<<no really)

• 2 months later...

Archived