C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Settles with Lutron

tebery

gotta love lutron's timing: force C4 to increase prices in a downward trending economy led by a real estate bust. kudos. the irony is if it then costs C4 sales you have to wonder what brilliant MBA figured out the increase price / sales volume equation.

Does this mean we'll see the polling issue be rectified? If so, how long before we see a new version update?

Exactly! Would be nice to having the switches/dimmers working better than they have been recently.

No, the inrush current on large loads of incandescent can cause the terminals of the relay to fuse.

You can still use a switch on incandescents, but you should not use anywhere near the rated load.

Overall, it's best to use a dimmer for incandescents, and a switch for motors and/or fluorescents.

RyanE

• 9 months later...

I have a switch installed to turn some outlets on and off for holiday lights. I've not used it, but plan to this season. Now it looks like I've had the wrong thing put in. Originally I just thought, why would I need a dimmer on Christmas lights, so I opted for the switch.

I'm expecting to put near the max load of 1000 W.

Am I understanding it correctly that I shouldn't use a switch in the setup?

Archived