pkkaiser

Spectrum 201 DVR driver and IR port question

Question

Just got Spectrum Cable installed. The box is a Spectrum 201H (so Humax). I assume that means I use the Humax Cable V1,.0 IR driver. But I have no idea where the IR port is on this thing. Tried using a flashlight and no circle is visible anywhere. Tried just putting IR bud on right/left/and middle with no luck. Any ideas would be great! Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 8.54.22 PM.png

8 answers to this question

I just signed up last night and will be testing it today.  They use Humax boxes so I am looking also.   I will update you if I find anything

To answer my own question. Humax are RF not controllable by C4. Had to get different box from spectrum that had IR capability and now all is good with SA driver

To answer my own question. Humax are RF not controllable by C4. Had to get different box from spectrum that had IR capability and now all is good with SA driver

I just looked at mine and it says 201-T. Which one did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just worked with the Spectrum201-H and Spectrum101 boxes today and got zero luck via IR driver that i built while testing boxes; got it to power on and off for about 2 minutes then lost all functionality via IR...can anyone else confirm this?  C4 tech support has mentioned a few calls have come in with this lately and spectrum will only be supplying these boxes on new installs. 

I have Spectrum 201H boxes, control4 ir will not communicate with them but when I try a universal remote the IR works fine. Seems like the IR from Control4 isn't strong enough, is there a way to turn up the IR output

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, pkkaiser said:

Which SA driver are you using

The IR drivers should work fine. The new boxes are a bit fussy, but the IR receiver is about 1/3 of the width from the left side of the box, almost dead center of the height of the box. If ur not right on the money, it won’t work. If u just fiddle with the placement around that zone, u should get it.