Crazyjack

Best Motion Detector

Hello...I'm looking for recommendations for a better motion detector.  I have a couple of really old Card Access motion detectors and would like to add a few more.  I'm not sure if I want to use the Card Access ones again.  I'm looking for something smaller and more modern.  My current ceiling one looks like a giant stick up air freshener and my wife doesn't want me sticking more of those on our ceiling.  I'm interested in both ceiling and wall mounted units and prefer some that are native to C4, no zwave.  I've heard about NYCE, are there others?

Looking at the photos the NYCE one appears to be about half the size of the Axxess one - at least for the wall mounted units.

Axxess:

white_motion_sensor-front.jpg

NYCE:

3041nickel-400.jpg

Is there any latency in the Hue sensor vs the more native Zigbee or Z-wave sensors?  I have a few Hue lights and I would say that they take a touch longer to come on then the native C4 controlled lights.

20 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

You Can control any light, when you buy the driver, plus it also give you Temp

Is the Temp of much practical use?  Don't you need a multi-zone HVAC system to really put that to use?

What is needed to get the Hue sensors integrated to C4? That would be amazing. And am I understanding correctly that these report temperature as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Those Axxess sensors look nice. I've got a couple of places where I'd really like to integrate, but my local dealer has been very slow at addressing this.

Any of the fine dealers on here carry these and able/willing to sell me a couple and integrate? 

On 2/14/2018 at 8:17 PM, Deegan12 said:

What is needed to get the Hue sensors integrated to C4? That would be amazing. And am I understanding correctly that these report temperature as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

https://www.unilogiq.com/en/control4-drivers

These guys sell the hue sensors driver 

Hi everybody,

I just buy the driver from Unilogiq for the Hue Motion detector and any Idea why the "temperature display" display 48.9°C ? And why the motion detector have any reaction ? The connection with the Bridge and the detector is correct (display the 30 numbers) ... 

Thx for you help
Best
S.

RESOLVED:
I forgod to copy past the HUE string into the driver. MANY thanks to the support from the dev team of the driver.