C4 Forums | Control4

What home alarm system are you running?

mod220

On 2/23/2018 at 2:29 PM, therockhr said:

I believe Leviton is HAI alarm panel. You have one of the best out there I believe. There are drivers out there for control4. No way I would switch. That HAI panel can do all kinds of stuff. 

Yep. I have the Leviton/HAI Omni Pro II and the driver for Control 4. All is working great here.  Although the driver is pricey.

On 2/23/2018 at 5:20 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

+1 for DSC although my dealer is trying to convince me to use Paradox (which he claims is better) in my beach house (building project)

WE have Paradox and its works well. No complaints and especially now that Cinegration has updated the driver

On 2/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, Adidaswood said:

They will work with you to have the system panel programmed before they send it out.

Went the same route with same vendor.  Note that even if they do the programming you still have to associate each wireless device onto the keypad or wireless transceiver when you install them,  which can be really time consuming with a keypad only.   The software helped a lot.  Its also useful for debugging and looking at the event history,  There is a link to it in athread on this board if you search for it.  

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AidenL said:

Anyone in UK or Ireland able to say what make of alarm they have integrated?

I'm trying to see what makes are available and compatible over here.

Using texecom. Works pretty well. What exactly you looking for?

• 1 month later...

Texecom is great but I'm still unsure on the status or reliability of the new driver which uses the latest alarm GUI? Last I heard it was pretty unstable, but the old driver + GUI will work fine. Would be nice if i was wrong though and its been updated to work reliably on the new interface and driver. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, 3D - Benn said:

Texecom is great but I'm still unsure on the status or reliability of the new driver which uses the latest alarm GUI? Last I heard it was pretty unstable, but the old driver + GUI will work fine. Would be nice if i was wrong though and its been updated to work reliably on the new interface and driver. 

We've just had one on the bench for the last 2 weeks and will NOT be offering IP integration to clients. We could get it to set and un-set area 1 fairly reliably from a TS, but other areas were doing really weird things like setting the wrong area, or un-setting all areas when it should only be un-setting one area. It also decided to stop giving feedback one afternoon, requiring a reboot of the alarm system to get it to come back. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/23/2018 at 9:16 PM, BraydonH said:

Paradox with cinegration driver is the best I have seen the Evo system can do anything you want the c4 driver is top notch and the tm70 touchscreens are dirt cheap and way better than the dsc or Honeywell counterparts. Programming is super easy and end users like homeowners can change user codes and access very easily. If you need multiple partitions, access control or door control it's all there as well. System must be hardwired they're wireless options are weak 

Thanks recommending the wired option versus the wireless version. Since I have the infrastructure already and I can leverage on the existing infrastructure. I have made my research and established that the DG85 (the wired solution)  beams are certified and they integrate well with 3rd party products, and they are more reliable than wireless in terms of network packets distribution and the cost is less than the wireless solution in cases that there is hard wired infrastructure already.

My installer recommend the PMD85 (wireless solution) and after careful thought, I assumed that the he might have found the easier way of installation. 

What are the other benefits of choosing a Paradox solution that is wired versus non-wired?

On 1/19/2020 at 2:45 AM, Selaelo said:

Thanks recommending the wired option versus the wireless version. Since I have the infrastructure already and I can leverage on the existing infrastructure. I have made my research and established that the DG85 (the wired solution)  beams are certified and they integrate well with 3rd party products, and they are more reliable than wireless in terms of network packets distribution and the cost is less than the wireless solution in cases that there is hard wired infrastructure already.

My installer recommend the PMD85 (wireless solution) and after careful thought, I assumed that the he might have found the easier way of installation. 

What are the other benefits of choosing a Paradox solution that is wired versus non-wired?

There are a few main benefits of choosing wired over wireless.

1 reliability

2 maintenance

3 cost

And with Paradox the TM70 Keypads MUST be hardwired to the system. So you will need some wiring in place regardless.

Now what your talking about are motion detectors wired vs wireless. And the same things ring true for that as well. The wired stuff is more reliable, you don't need to change batteries / maintain them and its way way cheaper.

For standard motion sensors we use the Paradox NV5. Its nothing super high tech but they work well, look very nice as they are very small, and they are super cost effective.

If the wiring is in place there is literally no reason to go wireless other than the insaller is lazy and wants to save him some time on the install. Or perhaps gouge you for service calls when the batteries die. 

• 3 months later...
22 hours ago, Wolfaslov said:

Quick question...is the Paradox driver supported in os3.xx?

I'm about to update my whole C4 system and need to know this ahead of time!

Please and thanks!

Of course it's supported lol!  The Paradox works great in 3.0.  All our drivers are 3.0 compatible :). 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.