C4 Forums | Control4

Screensaver help

Help please. I've had photos play on my TS for years as a screensaver. This past weekend my dealer upgraded my C4. Now I have no screensaver. I looked on composer under Media SCREENSAVER but I keep getting an error (see below). When I click on the same USB drive under STORED, my music shows up. When I try to add media I keep getting an error (see below).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

c9c7f8111a2a11675e327336798eedff.jpgc9c7f8111a2a11675e327336798eedff.jpg

TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, 

Now the wifey is getting frustrated at the black TS in my hallway. Anyone here able to help get my photos back up on TS screensaver? I keep getting the error as above. My flashdrive is clearly working as my music still shows up on it. 

I see SouthAfrica C4 users comments above but i dont know how to delete the screensaver agent and re add it. 

PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.

Not sure if this will fix your problem... but worth trying.

Choose agents on the bottom left hand side of composer.

Choose screen saver at the top left.

Click on remove.

once the agent has been removed,   Click on add. And choose the screensaver agent.

You will then need to choose the file storage location on the right.

Then go to the media section (bottom right) and click on screen saver.  Your pictures should re-appear.  If  it, try a reboot now.

Obviously make sure that the screen saver is turned on on each Touchscreen.

Good luck.  This worked for me.

• 5 months later...

Anybody have any ideas about this beyond deleting and re-adding the agent? I've got the same problem, but I've deleted, rebooted, and re-added the agent about ten times to no avail. I've tried three different USB sticks (all SanDisk, but different sizes, different USB versions, etc.) Nothing seems to make any difference. I can copy MP3's to these same USB sticks using Composer, so it doesn't seem like it's really a problem with reading or writing the USB sticks. It's only Screensaver that's having trouble.

screensaver-woes.png

• 1 month later...

Eventually Control4 just decided it could read the USB stick after all. Later I rebooted and it couldn't read it again. But then again I left it alone for a few days and eventually it kicked in again. It's frustrating to have such a flaky system that can't survive a reboot, but that's what I've come to expect from C4. 😕

• 8 months later...

I'm having this same exact issue.  Tried all the steps, different USB Sticks, rebooting, removing and re-installing the agent but still cannot get the Screen Saver to recognize the USB location.  Also tried using an external drive with same results.  MPG Music storage works fine.  Anyone have a work around?

I'm using and EA5 with OS3.

image.png.345d932e09ae37e6d1e03cfb9ca3b963.png

Thanks!

I'm having this same issue.  Tried all the steps, different USB Sticks, rebooting, removing and re-installing the agent but still cannot get the Screen Saver to recognize the card.  Music storage works fine.  Anyone have a work around?
I'm using and EA5 with OS3.

My dealer told me screensaver with os 3 on touch screen won't work. I have EA-5 and had to give up my screensaver.

10 minutes ago, Nehsmit said:

So correct me if I'm won't but I have a 7" TS and upgraded from an 800 to EA-5 and to os3. Was told not compatible and read on here that didn't work with 7". Not true?

Is it a T3 Touchscreen, a V2 or something older?

T3 definitely works. V2 and older (e.g. Infinity Edge) dont work. AFAIK though any Touchscreen that is specified to work on OS3 will (should) work with the Screensaver Agent.

Is it a T3 Touchscreen, a V2 or something older?
T3 definitely works. V2 I think works but I may be wrong. Older (e.g. Infinity Edge) probably doesn’t work. AFAIK though ay Touchscreen that is specified to work on OS3 will (should) work with the Screensaver Agent.

Yes my 7"TS is older. From 2012.

The following was posted by someone in a thread when OS3 was released:

To upgrade to OS 3, current control4 systems must be 2.9.0 or higher. 

1.1    Must be Removed & Requires Intervention

If the following items are in the project, the Upgrade Advisor will report them and block the upgrade. Once the offending items are addressed, Upgrade Advisor can be run again. 

• Controllers (1) - HC-250
  • Touch Screens (5) - 7" In-Wall v2, 7" Portable v2, 5" In-Wall (FKA: Infinity Edge), 7" In-Wall (FKA: Infinity Edge), 7" In-Wall RevB (FKA: Infinity Edge)
  • Door Stations (2) - Exterior Door Station, Interior Door Station
  • AV (1) – Speaker Point
  • IP Cameras that utilize the Camera proxy v1
  • WakeUp agent (the Wakeup/Goodnight agent should be used instead)
  • Security systems that utilize V1 Security Drivers
  • Blinds that utilize the Blinds v2 proxy

1.2   Limited Functionality
        If the following items are in the project, the Upgrade Advisor will not block the install but instead will provide an informational message.

• iPod proxy – Transport controls (play, skip, pause, etc) are no longer supported in graphical user interfaces for drivers that use the iPod proxy.
  • Controller (1) – HC-800 – The HC-800 is supported in OS 3. However, the Flash-based Navigator is discontinued so there is no on-screen display (OSD) for the HC-800. Within Composer, the Upgrade Advisor report will indicate that the HC-800 is supported, but it will not include the OSD. 

1.3    No Longer Supported & No Intervention Required
The following items will either be removed automatically from a project during upgrade (if they exist in a project) or no longer supported. 

• Web Nav Access (2) – WebHTML and WebNav(flashnav)
  • Apple Watch
  • MyHomePC
  • Legacy Audio
  • EADev Driver
  • Generic Media
  • MyHome Drivers – control4_ipad, control4_iphone, control4_android, control4_myhomepc – Remove automatically
  • HC Generic Driver
  • 4store Agent

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.