C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE update message

Zuhair

7 hours ago, dcovach said:

Those drivers are actually out of date and have to be updated one at a time, followed by a controller reboot.  Your systems can probably run fine without them being updated.

Is there a way to know which driver is out of date by using Composer HE? 

There was another thread on this somewhere in these forums a couple of months back and I think that the conclusion was that this was an error in Composer 2.10 HE rather than an accurate reflection of the number of drivers needing updated.  I may be wrong.  If memory serves me correctly, it was @Cyknight who answered this previously (again I may be wrong - growing older and memory is fading!).  If it was Cy who came to the conclusion then you can take it as gospel...

6 hours ago, Zuhair said:

Is there a way to know which driver is out of date by using Composer HE? 

No. It's not the responsibility of end users to maintain driver versions so your dealer should know how to verify.

8 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

There was another thread on this somewhere in these forums a couple of months back and I think that the conclusion was that this was an error in Composer 2.10 HE rather than an accurate reflection of the number of drivers needing updated.  I may be wrong.  If memory serves me correctly, it was @Cyknight who answered this previously (again I may be wrong - growing older and memory is fading!).  If it was Cy who came to the conclusion then you can take it as gospel...

You may be right but updating from an older os to 2.10 will require some new updated drivers. Some need updating prior, some get updated during, while the rest need manual updating after. In some cases I had to spend an extra hour after. The message on the bottom right was correct in all my cases.

Some of these driver will update automatically, many likely have. The 'error' referred to is that your COMPOSER may not have the updated driver stored locally (and HE wouldn't) - which will trigger the same message/icon at the bottom as opposed to your SYSTEM having the updated driver or not - ie your system may have  newer version of the driver than your COMPOSER - not the other way around.

That said there have been numerous driver updates since 2.9 release that may require a manual process and/or reboot of the system - something your dealer ought to be doing as part of any update.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, Gary Leeds UK said:

We have that too - Ours says 58 

Dealer says nothing to worry about 

Just make sure you're dealer is being thorough after a system update to a newer OS.  I've had to manually update numerous drivers going from 2.91 to 2.10.  Its a little extra time but its only fair to the customer.  It'll save you both any potential headaches with unresolved broken integration.  You deserve some peace of mind too so it would be comforting to see that driver update message go away.

Just now, Gary Leeds UK said:

Dan - we asked them about this when they fitted the door station - he showed me that everything was up to date, but HE still says we

need drivers updating - very strange 

Fair enough.  I've had to actually update drivers because it was an accurate status.  I suppose several of us have different cases.  All that matters is which solution fits the scenario.

2 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Dan - we asked them about this when they fitted the door station - he showed me that everything was up to date, but HE still says we

need drivers updating - very strange 

It's the drivers ON YOUR PC. In the folder here (\\username\Control4\Drivers) that are not up-to-date. 

It's not an issue. It won't affect your system. It won't affect how HE runs, even if one of those drivers is a different version in the project. 

4 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

It's the drivers ON YOUR PC. In the folder here (\\username\Control4\Drivers) that are not up-to-date. 

It's not an issue. It won't affect your system. It won't affect how HE runs, even if one of those drivers is a different version in the project. 

I can agree with that.  I'm talking about the newer online driver versions that are newer than whats on the controller or the PC.  Some of them don't automatically update.  Sometimes there are a dozen after an os update and need a manual update.  You will get the same message about driver updates needed.  No need to argue either case.

On 3/12/2018 at 3:16 PM, thegreatheed said:

Not strange as such either, as explained. I wish HE just wouldn't show the messages as it can be confusing, but other than that, matters not as now said many times over

Archived