Jump to content
enzeder

KODI Leia and Chowmain KODI LITE Driver

Recommended Posts

I have installed the alpha of KODI LEIA on one of my PCs and for some reason CONTROL4 cant connect in a control sense. It receives information on status of KODI so that part is working.

I realise that its all alpha and so no support guaranteed but just wondering whether anyone has got LEIA working with this driver at the moment.

Based on log file there seems to be some sort of authentication error - I have left the password in KODI blank

 

17/03/2018 09:11:56 - ROOM_ID

       86

17/03/2018 09:11:56 - Sending Command: {"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.Down"}

17/03/2018 09:11:56 - RECEIVED FROM JSON-HTTP: {"error":{"code":-32099,"message":"Bad client permission."},"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

17/03/2018 09:12:01 - Received JSON data : {"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"pong"}

17/03/2018 09:12:06 - Sending Command: {"id":"1","method":"XBMC.GetInfoLabels","jsonrpc":"2.0","params":{"labels":["System.FriendlyName","System.BuildVersion","System.KernelVersion"]}}

17/03/2018 09:12:06 - Sending Command: {"id":"1","method":"XBMC.GetInfoLabels","jsonrpc":"2.0","params":{"labels":["System.CpuUsage","System.CPUTemperature","System.ScreenResolution","System.CpuFrequency","System.Memory(used.percent)","System.Uptime","System.TotalSpace","System.CurrentWindow"]}}

17/03/2018 09:12:06 - Received JSON data : {"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"pong"}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, enzeder said:

I have installed the alpha of KODI LEIA on one of my PCs and for some reason CONTROL4 cant connect in a control sense. It receives information on status of KODI so that part is working.

I realise that its all alpha and so no support guaranteed but just wondering whether anyone has got LEIA working with this driver at the moment.

Based on log file there seems to be some sort of authentication error - I have left the password in KODI blank

 

17/03/2018 09:11:56 - ROOM_ID

       86

17/03/2018 09:11:56 - Sending Command: {"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.Down"}

17/03/2018 09:11:56 - RECEIVED FROM JSON-HTTP: {"error":{"code":-32099,"message":"Bad client permission."},"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

17/03/2018 09:12:01 - Received JSON data : {"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"pong"}

17/03/2018 09:12:06 - Sending Command: {"id":"1","method":"XBMC.GetInfoLabels","jsonrpc":"2.0","params":{"labels":["System.FriendlyName","System.BuildVersion","System.KernelVersion"]}}

17/03/2018 09:12:06 - Sending Command: {"id":"1","method":"XBMC.GetInfoLabels","jsonrpc":"2.0","params":{"labels":["System.CpuUsage","System.CPUTemperature","System.ScreenResolution","System.CpuFrequency","System.Memory(used.percent)","System.Uptime","System.TotalSpace","System.CurrentWindow"]}}

17/03/2018 09:12:06 - Received JSON data : {"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"pong"}

Sounds like you have added a password to the webserver.  Please set it to the default of no password

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Alan thanks for replying

I can confirm the password field is blank.

I presume KORE uses the same protocols as I installed KORE on my tablet and I can control it and I did not enter a username or password so that presumably confirms I have no password set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problem with Leia beta 1 on the Kodi Full driver. I get the connection notification but no actual control.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not tried the Beta release yet but every Alpha release has been the same whereby I have no control, and I have tried on three different windows 10 machines. If I then downgrade back to 17.6 and change no settings then control4 starts working instantly, and then when I upgrade back to Leia I again have no control. Interestingly I bought a shield a couple of weeks ago for one of my TVs and the Kodi driver works fine on that with a Leia install (also upgraded to Kodi Full). So in my case it seems to be a Window specific problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Alan

Same here. I have the Kodi Full driver and Control does not connect, with v18 Beta . I don't even get a notification - I have already disabled the firewall, changed ports and it still doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure something must have changed. Guess we're going to have to wait for Alan to figure it out. I'll try pinging his support line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan already said he was waiting for final apis before fixing things

I'm pretty sure something must have changed. Guess we're going to have to wait for Alan to figure it out. I'll try pinging his support line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk




Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodi depricated any commands that change settings (including changing button states) via the HTTP API.  Ironically we changed to the HTTP from the JSON-RPC because the JSON-RPC gets stuck when changing user profiles.

As Mitch mentions we don't make changes to our drivers until it gets closer to release (we have been burnt in the past).  Once RC builds are released we will update the driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update to this?  I just installed 18.1 and same thing.  No control.

Edit:

Talked to my dealer and he updated it.  All is well.

Edited by me23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 8:04 AM, me23 said:

Any update to this?  I just installed 18.1 and same thing.  No control.

Edit:

Talked to my dealer and he updated it.  All is well.

For reference this was updated two months ago.  You can find all revisions via the Revisions section on the driver's product page on driverCentral. 

https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/audio-video/kodi-xbmc-lite-control4-driver-chowmain/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Alan, so how exactly does an auto update driver work?  Shouldn't my driver automatically update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, me23 said:

Hey Alan, so how exactly does an auto update driver work?  Shouldn't my driver automatically update?

Auto Update if enabled will update the driver upon next check in.  By default auto update is not enabled.

We can also push out critical updates if something catastrophic happens (eg breaking API changes).  This is regardless of if auto update is enabled or not.

Your dealer can also push out updates as well remotely via the driverCentral portal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...