C4 Forums | Control4

license plate recognition in control4

ecschnei

doc.openalpr.com/cloud_api.html

Has anyone worked with the API on a LPR software?  I'm curious if we can set preferences and Welcome messages for plates pulled from our IP cam.

Known guest announcements..."The {insert name here}'s are arriving"

Unknown plates...activates drop down turret gatling gun from porch...etc...

42 minutes ago, ecschnei said:

doc.openalpr.com/cloud_api.html

Has anyone worked with the API on a LPR software?  I'm curious if we can set preferences and Welcome messages for plates pulled from our IP cam.

Known guest announcements..."The {insert name here}'s are arriving"

Unknown plates...activates drop down turret gatling gun from porch...etc...

Hikvision has cameras with LPR built in and modules for purchase. That might be a little more robust. I've played with it some. You need a good camera and a local with front plates. Hikvision has settings based on country so it can adjust to the shape and character recognition. 

Hikvision has cameras with LPR built in and modules for purchase. That might be a little more robust. I've played with it some. You need a good camera and a local with front plates. Hikvision has settings based on country so it can adjust to the shape and character recognition. 
$70 hikvision cam, BI software, and OpenALPR free cloud api and it is storing a plate in a file that the api will give access too. I just don't know how to build on that. I want to pull the plate info into a database that has names tied to it...i can fill in who it is. Then have a programmed response from the name field

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The agent can configure a webhook or you can event off something else and pull messages (plates) off the queue. Message is JSON with the plate and candidates.

I haven't looked too deep. Looks like some part of their software can do lookups. At least their UI mockups show names next to plates. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to have it load a spreadsheet with LP entries and I add the individuals name.  Anyone I don't know will be unknown, then create some code to announce "user name" is here pulling values from the spreadsheet.  This also would create a log file....If you wanted to go crazy have it poll results and if it's been X number of days since a LP has shown up in the log set announcement " It's been X days since "user" has been over, would you like to invite them for dinner?

LOL....could be some crazy stuff here, right?

• 3 months later...

Archived