C4 Forums | Control4

Disable a switch?

dburton

I had a customer ask if we could program a switch to not work. Can this be done?

I guess you could use a variable or event that if true and the switch is turned on, you turn it off. But, starting and stopping power could be problematic.

I had a customer ask if we could program a switch to not work. Can this be done?

I guess you could use a variable or event that if true and the switch is turned on, you turn it off. But, starting and stopping power could be problematic.

You can do this with a dimmer by Disconnecting the Buttons in programming, but not with a switch.

Will a Dimmer work in this enviornment? You could set the ramp rate to instant to emulate a switch.

It would be great to disable a switch. I have some bathroom space heaters that I would be hesitant to have wired through a dimmer, but would like to be able to disable during the summer. The best I have been able to figure out is in programming if it is summer, have them run for 1 second and turn off. Other months, they run for 5 minutes, then turn off. I have the LEDs changed to red for the heaters to help differentiate them from lights, or the fan.

• 1 month later...

Archived