C4 Forums | Control4

Playing TV in 2nd audio zone

Blaise

I'm sure this is possible, just haven't figured out the proper programming and wanted help in doing so. I want to program a button on my remote in my Family Room to turn the sound on in the adjacent Kitchen so that whatever is playing in the family room can be heard through the kitchen speakers. I need help with the programming part. Any suggestions?

Assuming the source playing on the TV is available as an audio device in the Kitchen, you can do it with room variables.  Set the current selected device in the kitchen equal to the current selected device in the family room.  It will power on the room with that device selected.

And you can turn what Dr. Venkman said into a toggle if you'd like, too (make the button turnthe kitchen on and off). You can insert "If Kitchen off"-->"what Dr. Venkman said above and then plug in another if statement with "If Kitchen on"--> "Turn room off" type of setup. 

I have the same type of setup and having the button as a toggle is nice if you want to turn the room off after you clear out of the kitchen.  

Got home and figured a screen grab may help, too. Yours should look similar to this if you want a toggle. You would only need the current selected device line in the script if you don't. 

Also, being your setup sounds very similar to mine, I also made an Alexa voice scene to add the kitchen to the family/great room. I found I routinely forgot to add it when I turned on the TV and didn't realize until I was in the kitchen and cooking and having a voice scene to do it as a backup was very convenient. 5acd5987c35a4_Addroom.thumb.PNG.ac1b5c4ff987fd3ca77425337146def5.PNG

Archived