C4 Forums | Control4

IFTTT

smarch

This must be something I'm overlooking, I apologize if this has been asked before

I have installed the IFTTT driver.  To start with I have tried programmed turning lights on and off.  This is working great, and surprisingly fast.   One thing I cannot get to work is using the # as a variable for dimmer settings for example.  The problem seems to be in IFTTT not control4.  I pick "Say a phrase with a number" for example :  "set island light to # percentage"  but my google assistant doesnt recognizse this?  It says sorry I can't help with that.  I believe all other programming on the control4 side is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try removing the percentage from the phrase on IFTTT.

if you have a few lights you could do a text and number ingredient one

"Set $ light to #". Then the pushover instance would be title=text value and message=number value. That way you dont have instances on IFTTT for each light

Thanks!

This is exactly the info I was looking for, screenshots really helped.  This worked great, except for two lights I've labeled island and loft.  Google recognizes this, but the lights don't repond.  I've tripple checked spelling, deleted and re-entered programming etc, but I just can't get these two to work.  Any ideas?

I also tried to create "lock garage door".  IFTTT and google recognize this, but the door just wont lock.

Archived