C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom APP

Matt Lowe

needed to be here yesterday.

Recently switch from the Ring Elite to the DS2 mini.

The quality is far better and its nice to be able to record with my home brew server.

but now i really miss the remote access to the intercom.

counting the days until the app is ready.

15 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

needed to be here yesterday.

Recently switch from the Ring Elite to the DS2 mini.

The quality is far better and its nice to be able to record with my home brew server.

but now i really miss the remote access to the intercom.

counting the days until the app is ready.

I hope they make it better than the stock 2n Mobile app.  When someone rings the bell yeah my cell phone rings but it looks like a regular phone call, it says "From Door Station" so I know who is calling, but there is no still photo or live photo feed.  If its my UPS guy I certainly do not have to answer, I know they just ring, drop package, and leave.  

3 hours ago, eggzlot said:

I hope they make it better than the stock 2n Mobile app.  When someone rings the bell yeah my cell phone rings but it looks like a regular phone call, it says "From Door Station" so I know who is calling, but there is no still photo or live photo feed.  If its my UPS guy I certainly do not have to answer, I know they just ring, drop package, and leave.  

yea this what i got kind of working, but its a pia to make it working through a VPN not wife approved.

28 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

yea this what i got kind of working, but its a pia to make it working through a VPN not wife approved.

since I have the 2n video kit I dont need VPN, but still annoying to see just the name of the doorstation calling me, but not see a live video feed.  Its nice, better than nothing, but still not super practical.

we've had the control4 multipurpose wall box, a bit boring but really useful and the new Triad single zone 200WPC amplifier. saying that we got the the pakedge cameras a couple of weeks ago as well though so maybe they don't bother to save the announcements to do at the same time 

Archived