C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom "Station Offline"

Hi all

My DS2 door station and my T3 touchscreens all seem to be offline - the intercom mentions "Station Offline" when I try to make a call or connect with another touchscreen or the door station.

I have tried power cycling the touchscreens and the EA5 controller (as well as the Ubiquiti Edgerouter and my Zyxel Network Switch) in various orders of sequence - but the issue remains.

Strangely enough, the camera of the DS2 works fine and the touchscreens are able to do other functions fine - so I doubt its a network issue.

I am running the latest 2.10.1.544795 OS if it matters.

The DS2 door bell not working is my most immediate concern.

Thoughts on what issue it could be?

Thanks

Hi all
My DS2 door station and my T3 touchscreens all seem to be offline - the intercom mentions "Station Offline" when I try to make a call or connect with another touchscreen or the door station.
I have tried power cycling the touchscreens and the EA5 controller (as well as the Ubiquiti Edgerouter and my Zyxel Network Switch) in various orders of sequence - but the issue remains.
Strangely enough, the camera of the DS2 works fine and the touchscreens are able to do other functions fine - so I doubt its a network issue.
I am running the latest 2.10.1.544795 OS if it matters.
The DS2 door bell not working is my most immediate concern.
Thoughts on what issue it could be?
Thanks

You might have to delete the door station and the touch screen and then re add them, just check your connections and I’m guessing your network is okay? And you dealer has enabled everything required in the Zyxel Switch

There also is a firmware for the ds2 and the touch screens I think you dealer will have to to the update for the ds2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Destroyer of Worlds said:

Doorbell was replaced and worked briefly.  Now stuck in offline and completely useless.

Ordering ring doorbell 2 as whatever love my dealer has for PoE devices is overshadowing the functionality those devices provide.

Out of curiosity, can you ping the ds when it goes offline?

If you decide to get rid of it send me a pm. I wouldn’t mind playing around with it depend on what you want for it. 

• 3 months later...

Alas DS2 went offline again, which is to say for the 5th time.  This is the second unit, with C4 sending a replacement after the 4th issue.

I really wish there was a way to power these without PoE.  PoE seems to suffer from event duration issues like no one hitting the doorbell button for extended periods of time and the unit just goes offline.

I'm about the rip this one out again and get a Ring Pro and just chalk it up to a bad product.

Alas DS2 went offline again, which is to say for the 5th time.  This is the second unit, with C4 sending a replacement after the 4th issue.
I really wish there was a way to power these without PoE.  PoE seems to suffer from event duration issues like no one hitting the doorbell button for extended periods of time and the unit just goes offline.
I'm about the rip this one out again and get a Ring Pro and just chalk it up to a bad product.
If you have poe get the ring elite.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Since it seems like the Cat6 Augmented cable run from rack to room was nicked by drywall installed "somewhere" and confirmed by my dealer thru a tone test, it provides the power but unstable network connectivity.

Hence, PoE is not the way to go.

I think the only recourse in this case is to explore EoP (Ethernet over Power) or wifi doorbells with a local wifi extender (although most wifi extenders tend to offer a single ethernet port as well).

I prefer minor surgery in this case to exploratory drywall ripping and line checking.

Step  #1 Rid off from dealer who can't tone CAT5/6 cable and instead toning changing doorstations.

Step #2 find dealer near by who can

SWolution 1

1.  find 2 good pairs in cable (color doesn't meter) just any.

2. make them network pair

3. install PoE near doorstation and and use damaged cable for lan (2 good pairs) and some short cable goes directly from PoE to doorstation.

Solution #2 

1.  find 2 good pairs in cable (color doesn't meter) just any.

2. make them network pair

3. damaged pairs  can be used for providing 12/15 volt just from regular power supply.

It will work.

Solution #3

Use "doorbird" it will work only with 2 good pairs (network and power over 2 pairs only)

Im sure I can make it working with out  "big damages" around

Archived