C4 Forums | Control4

IP controlled blu ray

4 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Aren't those eol now?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That’s I hear.  Oppo will drop DVD biz, only focus on mobile market.   All the UDP205 are all gone, just limited UDP203 you can buy 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Samsung UBD-M9700 4K UHD Blu-ray Player

I have it and it works via IP great. Although not specifically in Samsung’s literature it is SDDP compatible. I watched the install and it recognized without issue. 

I like the interface because if you have Samsung TVs it is the same. 

https://hdguru.com/samsung-adds-control4-sddp-to-2017-4k-uhdtvs-uhd-blu-ray-player/

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Just an FYI, Samsung will be out of the Bluray market in the US shortly.

To be clear, that's NOT what they said..... they won't be developing any NEW players for the US market.

Sure it's writing on the wall, but it's not an exit, yet.

57 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Yet, but, why invest in something that you may lose support on eventually?  I've never spec'd nor used Samsung players, so not sure if this will be a big deal or not.

I only use Sony players.

Q: And the last time Sony introduced a new "Non 4K" blu-ray player was?

A: 2016

Just saying, it is what is. They'll produce the current models until people stop buying them.

17 hours ago, RAV said:

Q: And the last time Sony introduced a new "Non 4K" blu-ray player was?

A: 2016

Just saying, it is what is. They'll produce the current models until people stop buying them.

I don't understand your argument.

The 4K players also play your pre-2016 blu-rays.  Why have 2 lines this day and age?  Guess what, some (maybe all or most) also play SA-CDs......

Gone are the days you need one player for each format round thing you're playing.

1 hour ago, ekohn00 said:

I don't understand your argument.

The 4K players also play your pre-2016 blu-rays.  Why have 2 lines this day and age?  Guess what, some (maybe all or most) also play SA-CDs......

Gone are the days you need one player for each format round thing you're playing.

My point was, that 3 out of 4 of the top vendors are no longer designing new Blu-ray players; Samsung announced, Sony stale, Oppo quit.

Maybe 4 out of 4, I don't follow LG

1 hour ago, RAV said:

My point was, that 3 out of 4 of the top vendors are no longer designing new Blu-ray players; Samsung announced, Sony stale, Oppo quit.

Maybe 4 out of 4, I don't follow LG

Heh sounds like you're both arguing for the same thing, that not having new (regular BluRay) players doesn't really mean anything on it's own.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived