C4 Forums | Control4

KNX motion sensor driver

I am wondering if there are any other knx motion sensor drivers available, than the one in the library?

The one in library does not seem to show up as a motion sensor in the app. And the driver has a relay output that cannot be connected with a generic motion sensor driver, as those are contact. 

Anyone with a solution to this? I have been searching but not finding anything so far. It seems a bit strange that this isn't more common. 

EDIT:

I did find this KNX Sensor driver with 1 group address, that has 1 contact output, which means it can be used for many things. So that can then be linked with a generic motion sensor driver.
https://technet.genesis-technologies.ch/control4-drivers/knx/sensors-and-relays/

• 1 year later...

Just wondered what you did you end up doing ? I am struggling with the enable signals and cant get my head around the difference of the enable address, the 'Enable movement detection' command in the driver and the 'Movement detection Enabled' command in the driver. Also the driver status seems not to invert automatically if the invert enable is on so I find it very confusing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, VegardK said:

Best here is to use a knx switch/contact driver. Then add the KNX Address to a contact and then do a connection with a generic motion driver.

I finally managed to get my head around the KNX Heat or Cool Thermostat so if you any more questions in relation to this then I am happy to try and answer them. One thing I was wondering you could share your knowledge on is the 'KNX generic' Driver versus the 'KNX Relay/Contact' driver. I am using both at the moment but don't really see the difference in functionality (if any) between the two drivers, and whether the one suits better for certain types of things than the other. It feels to me that both can achieve the same thing?   

54 minutes ago, Benoît van Osch said:

I finally managed to get my head around the KNX Heat or Cool Thermostat so if you any more questions in relation to this then I am happy to try and answer them. One thing I was wondering you could share your knowledge on is the 'KNX generic' Driver versus the 'KNX Relay/Contact' driver. I am using both at the moment but don't really see the difference in functionality (if any) between the two drivers, and whether the one suits better for certain types of things than the other. It feels to me that both can achieve the same thing?   

The Generic is for use with KNX that do not have a driver. So if you need to use a Contact or Relay from KNX then the KNX Relay/Contact driver is correct. But if you need to use say KNX Scenes with datapoint 17/18 then the Generic can be the right way. The generic is just that generic with lots of opertunities to use many different yet "unsupported" datapoints from KNX, and you need to combine logging to find the right way.

• 1 year later...
On 5/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, Benoît van Osch said:

Hi

i have Question regarding KNX COOL THERMOSTAT Driver . we are struggling with AC ON/OFF Command .When we send ON Command in KNX THERMOSTAT .the ON Status is not reflecting in C4 Theromstat Driver  .  But OFF Command can change the state in C4 thermostat driver

regards

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.