C4 Forums | Control4

Netflix icon

I understand there are several options for adding a Netflix driver so you can have Netflix in the watch list.

I have a Panasonic TV and apparently there is not a Netflix driver for my make of TV.

What are my options for having a proper Netflix driver work for me, ie: I want the Netflix icon to show on the navigator page and I want 'Netflix' to appear on my remote watch list.

I could then program the correct button sequence to get the TV into the right state when this item is selected as the source.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/31/2018 at 3:31 AM, THEORY said:

There are Netflix drivers for Panasonic.  You would need to provide some details on your TV in order to better answer your question.

re-visiting this;

My TV is TH-55AX670Z

and the driver I am using is:

Panasonic TH-50PZ80U

(I'm assuming there was no specific drive at time of install...)

This TV does not have a defined 'NetFlix' button - but am hoping to be able to at least get a Netflix icon in the watch menu, and I can then code some button pushes to take me through the smart tv menu to select Netflix.

Are there any mini-Drivers or useful drivers that will allow me to do this??

3 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

re-visiting this;

My TV is TH-55AX670Z

and the driver I am using is:

Panasonic TH-50PZ80U

(I'm assuming there was no specific drive at time of install...)

This TV does not have a defined 'NetFlix' button - but am hoping to be able to at least get a Netflix icon in the watch menu, and I can then code some button pushes to take me through the smart tv menu to select Netflix.

Are there any mini-Drivers or useful drivers that will allow me to do this??

That's an an absolutely ancient TV, not a hope in hell there will be any IP control or Mini drivers for other services for it.

Get a Roku Stick and the driver and mini drivers for it and be done with it.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:50 PM, Crustyloafer said:

Get a Roku Stick and the driver and mini drivers for it and be done with it.

Thanks - yes I know this is an option, and I understand Roku is a fantastic device.

But I don't want to spend another $100NZD to purchase and shipped to NZ.

My TV,  Apple TV, Chromecast and xbox all play Netflix just fine in various rooms.

All I want to achieve is a Netflix icon on my OSD in my main living room when I use the watch button on a device or the TV.

I could look at using a generic DVD driver and coding the power on to switch my TV to Netflix, but the point here is to get the NetFlix icon on my display.

I'm hoping someone has a suggestion which will work for me.

Cheers.

There is a KB article detailing how to create custom icons for C4z driver files. You could use this to edit a DVD player driver with the Netflix icon. You could then edit all the main commands of the DVD driver so it had all the same commands as your TV and then bind the IR output used for the TV from the controller to the dummy DVD player so you would retain full control of the TV itself even though the system thought the current device in use was the dummy DVD player.

Archived