C4 Forums | Control4

Quote for audio set up....

What part do you feel is pricy so we are on the same page? Seems cheap pricing on matrix and amps and labor is cheap for both install and programing if they are cutting in that many speakers that I am assuming are prewired they bid 2 guys for a half day which doesnt leave much for any hiccups along the way. 

9 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

The price on that TS-AMS24 (24x24) is super cheap.  It usually retails for nearly twice that.  I wonder if that quote is actually for the TS-AMS8 (8x8) and it's just mis-labeled?  The C165's are also very cheap.

I queried that actually and the price is defiantly correct for the TS-AMS24. I also thought the C165s were a good price as well. I think i'll go for the TS-AMS24, take one of the amps out for now swap out the silver 50s for something else. 

What are people thoughts on Polk Audio RC60i ceiling speakers? Online reviews seem good but not sure how they would compare to the Monitor Audio C165s. 

• 3 months later...

Really hard to tell.  I put a lot more than this into speakers alone.

I have Origin Acoustic speakers throughout, and love them; and AudioControl matrix amps.  The matrix amps allow you to eliminate the audio matrix and put more money into the amps.   The system is spectacular.

My biggest recommendation, is to ensure enough speakers so that you have level or uniform listening throughout the house at background levels, which is how we use the system 90 percent of the time.

Good luck.

Archived