C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa

Hi, I got Amazon Echo dot, tried to connect to C4. got message "unable to do it now pls try later", keep getting for 2 days

I got lutron connected and sonos working, no problems, what is going on with C4??? just got 4sign licenses and can't make it working, any thoughts?

On 6/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, kmonty2 said:

Do you have the driver installed?" 

I can't link accounts, I have 4sign licenses activated, alexa working, at the moment I'm trying to activate connection it C4 account with Amazon it shows status "We were unable to link Control4 at this time."  No a router issue, I didn't get to router yet, can't link accounts, so assume nobody had that problem yet. it is step 6 it manual here. doesn't go.

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/alexa/frequently-asked-questions/english/latest/alexa-frequently-asked-questions-rev-e.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Found the problem!!!!!. Needed to do factory reset to my controller after all. did it, uploaded project back, got stuff working. something went wrong with controller!!! Never thought about that. 4sign connected devices worked good, but anyways... it works now.

23 minutes ago, vitali said:

Hi. Found the problem!!!!!. Needed to do factory reset to my controller after all. did it, uploaded project back, got stuff working. something went wrong with controller!!! Never thought about that. 4sign connected devices worked good, but anyways... it works now.

I have a client that had this same problem too.  I found 2 instances of the voice scene driver.  That was the problem.  There can only be one.   I removed the problematic one, which happened to come up with an error in composer pro when I clicked it, and rebooted the controller.  Problem solved.  

Archived