C4 Forums | Control4

Installed The New 8x16 No Hassle AV 4K Matrix

So, two weeks ago I was lucky to receive an awesome offer from the folks at No Hassle AV to test their new 8x16 HDR 18GBPS HDbaseT 4K Matrix Switcher.  Last week, I received the matrix and it is now integrated into my project.  So far it has been as reliable and flawless as my original No Hassle AV matrix.  It has all the same functions and features as my original matrix except that it includes 8 HDbaseT PoC Receivers (230ft Distance Range) that don't need any additional power.  The matrix is said to be an 8x16 matrix because the 8 HDbaseT outputs have mirrored HDMI ports.  I can attest that the mirrored ports work perfectly.  I assume their tech support continues to be awesome to work with, but because the product is so “installer friendly”, there was no need to contact them. 

I don't work for No Hassle AV, I'm just letting you know the details of my customer experience with the company.

This is the exact model they sent to me:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7Y89T2/

Correction - Sorry, I have the unit that DOES NOT do audio extraction. 

1 hour ago, rayk32 said:

So, two weeks ago I was lucky to receive an awesome offer from the folks at No Hassle AV to test their new 8x16 HDR 18GBPS HDbaseT 4K Matrix Switcher.  Last week, I received the matrix and it is now integrated into my project.  So far it has been as reliable and flawless as my original No Hassle AV matrix.  It has all the same functions and features as my original matrix except that it includes 8 HDbaseT PoC Receivers (230ft Distance Range) that don't need any additional power.  The matrix is said to be an 8x16 matrix because the 8 HDbaseT outputs have mirrored HDMI ports.  I can attest that the mirrored ports work perfectly.  I assume their tech support continues to be awesome to work with, but because the product is so “installer friendly”, there was no need to contact them. 

I don't work for No Hassle AV, I'm just letting you know the details of my customer experience with the company.

This is the exact model they sent to me:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7Y89T2/

Correction - Sorry, I have the unit that DOES NOT do audio extraction. 

Did they send you the audio extractors? I've had some emails with them over the capabilities of the extractors.

1 hour ago, Pounce said:

Did they send you the audio extractors? I've had some emails with them over the capabilities of the extractors.

No, I made a mistake in my initial post.  In my original post, I stated that I had a model that does audio extraction, the model I have does HDR but doesn't do audio extraction.  

16 minutes ago, rayk32 said:

No, I made a mistake in my initial post.  In my original post, I stated that I had a model that does audio extraction, the model I have does HDR but doesn't do audio extraction.  

They use external audio extractors. If you buy the package you get 8 of them. Got any odd looking little black boxes lying around?

16 minutes ago, Pounce said:

They use external audio extractors. If you buy the package you get 8 of them. Got any odd looking little black boxes lying around?

Currently, the version that does audio extraction is not HDR capable.  The audio extraction version has the little black boxes you referred to.

My model does HDR, but is not capable of audio extraction at this time. 

I’m putting a matrix into my new beach house sometime in the next quarter.  Is this a better option than the C4 Leaf matrix?  I really want the best here (so it is one item where cost is not the primary determinant) and I don’t have an answer (in my mind) as yet.  I don’t think the C4 matrix does true 4K HDR 4:4:4?

7 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I’m putting a matrix into my new beach house sometime in the next quarter.  Is this a better option than the C4 Leaf matrix?  I really want the best here (so it is one item where cost is not the primary determinant) and I don’t have an answer (in my mind) as yet.  I don’t think the C4 matrix does true 4K HDR 4:4:4?

In my opinion right now AVProEdge (formerly AVProConnect) has the best gear possible. It is true 4K, with upscalers and downscalers and audio extraction. Its as good as it gets for HDBaseT

18 minutes ago, BraydonH said:

In my opinion right now AVProEdge (formerly AVProConnect) has the best gear possible. It is true 4K, with upscalers and downscalers and audio extraction. Its as good as it gets for HDBaseT

What is the price point for their equipment? 4x4, 8x8?

AVProEdge has quite a few options - it is best to get pricing from a local dealer. These prices posted below are just a Candian MSRP and may not reflect what you would pay in your area.

I can tell you that their cheapest 4x4 hdmi matrix full MSRP is $2498 Canadian Dollars

Their most expensive 8x8 hdbaset with audio extraction full MSRP is $12498.

The Control4 10x10 (really only has 8 HDBaseT outputs) with audio down mixing is $11 800 (CAD). So AVProEdge not much more expensive than the Control4 gear and it is capable of much more.

I recently added a denon avr-1613 on top of my ViewHD 4x4 matrix, but now I’m having handshake/Edid problems. I’m hoping when I purchase the 4x4 from No Hassle AV I will be able to use the PC Edid manager to sort these issues. Has anyone beaten handshake problems? Did you reorder startup order? Should I just assume my old $170 matrix just can’t cut it and that no hassle will be no hassle? Ugh. Nothing like adding equipment and loosing capability... ugh... 

12 hours ago, neil12011 said:

The most bulletproof video distribution options in my opinion are AV Pro, and JAP.  Leaf, Binary, etc, come after those two.  

I’m aware, but those run more than my: 2x 42” 1x60” and 1x32” displays were combined. My viewhd 4x4 was $170 and lasted 4 years. Much rather spend that twice a decade than the Ks up front. I also have all 50ft hdmi runs that continue to work on the 3 output that don’t go into the denon. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2018 at 8:28 AM, Home Theater Advisors said:

And nothing will over 50ft HDMIs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few different options of going past 50' with HDMI cables. For example, these BulletTrain HDMIs support 4k 60 4:4:4 HDR 18GB up to 40m/131'. They aren't cheap but with hdmi you get what you pay for in a lot of cases.

https://www.bullettraincables.com/long-haul-aoc.html

Tributaries is another great brand making HDMI cables that pass all current specs at distances up to 40m as well.

https://www.tributariescable.com/products/UHDO

There are a few different options of going past 50' with HDMI cables. For example, these BulletTrain HDMIs support 4k 60 4:4:4 HDR 18GB up to 40m/131'. They aren't cheap but with hdmi you get what you pay for in a lot of cases.
https://www.bullettraincables.com/long-haul-aoc.html
Tributaries is another great brand making HDMI cables that pass all current specs at distances up to 40m as well.
https://www.tributariescable.com/products/UHDO

I made the assumption we were talking about copper. Fiber is a different story. From what i have seen, People typically call out that they talking about fiber as that is not yet the norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Hi guys! Just registered on this forum as I recently brought the 8x8 HDMI Matrix from No Hassle AV.

In general I'm really happy with the device, but for some reason No Hassle AV denies you from getting access to Telnet running on the device. I have tried to get the IP control to work using PacketSender, but with no success yet. Honestly I would prefer access to Telnet as it's simpler to integrate into my existing Home Automation System. Has anyone of you managed to use Telnet? I'm presented with a WELCOME screen, but it asks for an ID and password every time I try to send a command like switching channel.

I could probably open the device and dump the firmware, but I think that's overkill for a product I should have full access to anyways. Any help is really appreciated!

4 hours ago, NeoID said:

Hi guys! Just registered on this forum as I recently brought the 8x8 HDMI Matrix from No Hassle AV.

In general I'm really happy with the device, but for some reason No Hassle AV denies you from getting access to Telnet running on the device. I have tried to get the IP control to work using PacketSender, but with no success yet. Honestly I would prefer access to Telnet as it's simpler to integrate into my existing Home Automation System. Has anyone of you managed to use Telnet? I'm presented with a WELCOME screen, but it asks for an ID and password every time I try to send a command like switching channel.

I could probably open the device and dump the firmware, but I think that's overkill for a product I should have full access to anyways. Any help is really appreciated!

I wonder if you tried emailing them?

You can us simple IP control on these. Just give it a fixed IP and use port 5000.

http://www.c4forums.com/lostpassword/?do=validate&vid=4afda5bff1a6bb426cdfb27a6159c368&mid=141751

What are you using for your "Home Automation System"?

41 minutes ago, Pounce said:

I wonder if you tried emailing them?

You can us simple IP control on these. Just give it a fixed IP and use port 5000.

http://www.c4forums.com/lostpassword/?do=validate&vid=4afda5bff1a6bb426cdfb27a6159c368&mid=141751

What are you using for your "Home Automation System"?

Yes I have and I got almost the same response as from you now. They told me to use IP control and evaded the question about getting access to telnet. Is there anything obviously wrong in terms on how I use PacketSender (screenshot)? For some reason I just can't get it to do anything, but as far as I can tell I get a reply back.

The link you posted show me "You are not awaiting validation for a lost password request".

I'm using Home Assistant which supports Telnet, but it seems to be more work to use IP control.
Again, I just don't understand why Telnet should be enabled, but locked down with a ID/password.

packet_sender.png

yea, my bad for the paste issue on the link. This is what I intended to include.

http://nohassleav.com/8x8_hdmi_hdr/after_dec_15th/New_simplified_RS232_IP_commands.txt

Maybe you need a CR.

Try a reboot: @T 50 !

Seems like you could use a shell_command or a command_line switch.

It's possible the vendor knows nothing of the internals of this unit including any telnet account or credentials. I think they are a reseller.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.