C4 Forums | Control4

August Smart Lock Pro + Connect with C4

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/16/2018 at 3:42 AM, chopedogg88 said:

We are selling it again...needed a quick tune up so we took it down from the store temporarily.

https://www.epic-systems.com/products/august-smart-lock-driver-for-control4

Do events from the lock have to go round-trip to the August cloud server to come back to your driver, or is it local on the LAN? Just wondering how the latency is, and what sorts of failure modes are possible (e.g. if my Internet is down, I don't get events from my door lock...)

On 3/6/2019 at 4:02 PM, Cinegration said:

We released an official lock driver for August last cedia.  We worked directly with August and the driver uses websockets for fast communication (no polling).

https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/security-systems/august-smart-lock/

Thanks!

Can you explain a little more on how this works? I’m a few months away from completing my home build and the August lock has been on my radar for about two years, before I begin building. I like the stealth look and how it doesn’t add any clutter to the front entry door.   But now that I decided C4 is what I want to use for home automation, I don’t know how well it integrates with the whole system-what are the limitations and what does it do well? 

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, Cinegration said:

We released an official lock driver for August last cedia.  We worked directly with August and the driver uses websockets for fast communication (no polling).

https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/security-systems/august-smart-lock/

Thanks!

I have this driver and have generally been very happy with it. One problem is that my neighborhood seems to have terrible issues with very short power outages and every time this happens, the August loses its connection to C4 and I have to manually refresh the driver in Composer HE to re-establish the connection. I've got my EA5 on battery backup, but there's no real way I can do that with the August Connect. 

Is there any way I can program in a refresh of the driver or enact an auto-refresh so that I don't have to manually refresh--usually after finding out I've left my door unlocked because of it? 

On 3/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, fluid15 said:

Can you explain a little more on how this works? I’m a few months away from completing my home build and the August lock has been on my radar for about two years, before I begin building. I like the stealth look and how it doesn’t add any clutter to the front entry door.   But now that I decided C4 is what I want to use for home automation, I don’t know how well it integrates with the whole system-what are the limitations and what does it do well? 

Kwikset does make a Control4 lock without a keypad, #914. Just a standard looking deadbolt from outside, with typical battery pack inside.

All depends on your use and needs.

https://www.control4.com/solutions/products/locks/

On 3/6/2019 at 6:02 PM, Cinegration said:

Thanks!

Hi! I love this driver, it is really good. However, I haven't been able to use it with the auto unlock driver. The state of the lock is shown on the icon, but the experience button does not open/close the lock. 

On 8/2/2019 at 11:12 AM, rea said:

Very good to hear...thanks for the quick response!

Hey Rea, 

We have released version 1011 of the driver, you can download it from DriverCentral. https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/security-systems/august-smart-lock/

We will push the auto update on Monday.

Thanks

On 8/3/2019 at 8:40 PM, fdovarela said:

Hi! I love this driver, it is really good. However, I haven't been able to use it with the auto unlock driver. The state of the lock is shown on the icon, but the experience button does not open/close the lock. 

Can you please explain the steps to reproduce this issue? We are un-aware of an auto-unlock driver. Or are you referring to the auto-unlock feature that August offers?

• 3 months later...

This was selling as a Black Friday bundle together - the Smart Lock Pro+ and the Connect together ($150).  When buying multiple locks for a residence, is a Connect needed for each lock or only 1 per household?  Also, does anyone know if the August lock has a different/unique model for sale only by Integrators or are all models the same (August website, Big Box stores, etc)?  For example, I understand that Yale sells a zigbee model through C4 dealers that is different from standard retail w/WiFi.  

I added the driver (Cinegration), It works for 5 min....

NOW my August account will not even connect anymore to my lock!

I restart my August Bridge and now it is not even reconnecting at all!

I deleted the driver from my C4 project but still happening...

I really don't know what to do? Any idea?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.