C4 Forums | Control4

C4 8 channel amp question......

maniac36

Can you run the 8 channel amp via Ethernet connected back to an HC-300? I'm now wanting to put audio in the kids bedrooms and no longer have access back to my rack to pull any new wires. I do have a Cat 6 available, can this be done via Ethernet or do you need audio-in's for each zone? Thanks

No, the ethernet port is used for control over the amp. Also, whatever analog sources you have plugged into that amp are only available to the amp unless the analog outputs are also wired to the Audio Ins on a controller or speaker point.

To gain just digital music and the sources that are plugged into the audio ins, your best bet would either be 1) putting in a speaker point, plugging that CAT6 into it and your network, and run the speaker wire back to the speaker point. 2) install an HC-200 to control a receiver, etc.

To gain just digital music and the sources that are plugged into the audio ins, your best bet would either be 1) putting in a speaker point, plugging that CAT6 into it and your network, and run the speaker wire back to the speaker point.

That's not the answer I was hoping for, but at least the speaker points are a solution. I guess I'd need to put a small switch at the end of the Cat6 if I need more than one speaker point (actually need 3) right?

To gain just digital music and the sources that are plugged into the audio ins' date=' your best bet would either be 1) putting in a speaker point, plugging that CAT6 into it and your network, and run the speaker wire back to the speaker point.[/quote']

That's not the answer I was hoping for, but at least the speaker points are a solution. I guess I'd need to put a small switch at the end of the Cat6 if I need more than one speaker point (actually need 3) right?

Yes.

• 1 month later...

I could be wrong - but I didn't think they sold two models anymore - I thought they were both merged into just the wireless model (which does both). Again - I could be mistaken. I know we only ever stocked the wireless model - as it did both and wasn't that much more - easier for inventory control! :)

Archived