C4 Forums | Control4

Hunter Douglas Powerview

lesliel

My Hunter Douglas Powerview shades were programmed to C4.  My Hunter Douglas hub was recently changed so it no longer works with C4.  I have contacted C4 to inquire, but I never get a response.  It seems ridiculous to pay a technician to change one minor item.  Does anyone have any advice on how to program C$ to interact with the new HUB.  Getting C4 has been such a headache.  You always have to rely on others to program....

3 hours ago, lesliel said:

My Hunter Douglas Powerview shades were programmed to C4.  My Hunter Douglas hub was recently changed so it no longer works with C4.  I have contacted C4 to inquire, but I never get a response.  It seems ridiculous to pay a technician to change one minor item.  Does anyone have any advice on how to program C$ to interact with the new HUB.  Getting C4 has been such a headache.  You always have to rely on others to program....

You still need a dealer to set up the new hub but you may not need one to show up to your house.  Its more cost effective to hire a remote dealer who can log in from their location.  If you need this set up, don't hesitate to contact me by private message.

• 2 months later...

One of the issues i believe is that hunter douglas hub is programmed with dynamic Ip address. Even if the hub is not changed and it reboots, it can come up with a different IP address.Does anyone know if there a way to workaround this issue? Not sure if the powerview hub can be programmed with a static IP address. 

A brand new hub likely means it's been set up brand new - which means all the shades, scenes etc would have new ID's on the new hub....

On 7/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, lesliel said:

It seems ridiculous to pay a technician to change one minor item

Regardless of opinion, the way Powerview Hubs work mean that this is NOT a simple thing.

3 minutes ago, Samurvi said:

Does anyone know if there a way to workaround this issue? Not sure if the powerview hub can be programmed with a static IP address.

I forget whether it can be or not - but your router for sure can be setup to reserve an IP for it...

Archived