C4 Forums | Control4

New PakEdge cameras - only for live streaming / no recording?

Hello everyone,

I am about to order a few new Pakedge cameras, but I want to record them on HDD on NVR. Can I use these cameras with some other NVR, because as far as I know, Control4 still don't have NVR device which can record video from Pakedge cameras.

Control4 recommends that you use a Lillin NVR

ZLI-NVR3216-1X1TB

It is very expensive and I have not used it. I usually use LUMA or Hik, the Pakedge cameras will work fine with other NVR's. If the NVR supports ONVIF it should work with the Pakedge cameras.

Side note though*** hopefully someone can speak more on this but I guess you can install an 128GB SD card into the Pakedge Dome cameras and record locally to that. Has anyone done this before? C4 tech support has confirmed the dome cameras have SD card slots but the bullet cameras do not, so I am interested to hear more about the SD card capability.

So, If I have 5-6 Pakedge IP cameras, I can use Hikvision DS-7608NI NVR and I can record them on Hik HDD, right? Has anybody used this NVR with Pakedge cameras? I found on tech. that it is compatible with 3rd party cameras.

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 5:17 AM, Epilogue said:

So, If I have 5-6 Pakedge IP cameras, I can use Hikvision DS-7608NI NVR and I can record them on Hik HDD, right? Has anybody used this NVR with Pakedge cameras? I found on tech. that it is compatible with 3rd party cameras.

the cameras are fairly  compatible so that should work just fine just need to point the nvr at the stream.

Archived