C4 Forums | Control4

LG OLED55B7V [SOLVED]

VegardK

I have a customer that has a LG OLED55B7V and I am unable to find any drivers, and I am not familiar with LG.
So not sure if there is another driver I can use? Are there IP drivers or only IR?

Update:

The LG OLED55B7P driver worked fine with using minijack to minijac cable. Both ends of cables should be 
• DB9 Pin 3 (TX) to 3.5mm Tip
• DB9 Pin 2 (RX) to 3.5mm Ring
• DB9 Pin 5 (GND)to 3.5mm Sleeve

32 minutes ago, VegardK said:

I have a customer that has a LG OLED55B7V and I am unable to find any drivers, and I am not familiar with LG.
So not sure if there is another driver I can use? Are there IP drivers or only IR?

i don't see any specifically for that model but there are 3 serial drivers for its cousins so IMO there is an excellent chance one of those 3 will work just fine, may be region specific models (speculation)

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=OLED55b7*

unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you feel about this) they are all serial drivers and on that model the serial port is a 1/8" phone plug so depending on what type of controller

• RS-232C (Control / SVC)
  • 1 (Phone Jack Type)

you are hooking it up to you may need 1 of 3 different cables to connect it's serial port.

9 minutes ago, vstar said:

i don't see any specifically for that model but there are 3 serial drivers for its cousins so IMO there is an excellent chance one of those 3 will work just fine, may be region specific models (speculation)

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=OLED55b7*

unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you feel about this) they are all serial drivers and on that model the serial port is a 1/8" phone plug so depending on what type of controller

• RS-232C (Control / SVC)
  • 1 (Phone Jack Type)

you are hooking it up to you may need 1 of 3 different cables to connect it's serial port.

Thank you the controller is going to be a new EA1. So minijack out on RS232 then should be fine. But I will need to rewire a standard minijack to minijack cable? I guess a standard 3 wire minijack cable is not wired properly...

1 hour ago, VegardK said:

Thank you the controller is going to be a new EA1. So minijack out on RS232 then should be fine. But I will need to rewire a standard minijack to minijack cable? I guess a standard 3 wire minijack cable is not wired properly...

personally i have never gone serial mini to mini, i have always gone mini on controller end and db9 on the component end.

don't quote me on this but I believe the data pinouts on both mini (LG and c4) are the same so when going mini to mini one would think you would need to switch the tip and ring?

• DB9 Pin 3 (TX) to 3.5mm Tip

13 hours ago, vstar said:

personally i have never gone serial mini to mini, i have always gone mini on controller end and db9 on the component end.

don't quote me on this but I believe the data pinouts on both mini (LG and c4) are the same so when going mini to mini one would think you would need to switch the tip and ring?

• DB9 Pin 3 (TX) to 3.5mm Tip

That seems correct. I remember from earlier that pin 2 and 3 is oposite on the C4 end.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

The LG OLED55B7P driver worked fine with using minijack to minijac cable. Both ends of cables should be 
• DB9 Pin 3 (TX) to 3.5mm Tip

• 5 weeks later...

Archived