C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom App is out! Go get it!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my system upgraded and the intercom application works great have all 4 T3’s as well as all the iPhones on the panels and it seems to work flawlessly. Even shows via an eye icon which panels I can drop straight in to from the phone, great way of having extra security cameras. 

I use the DS2 a little differently from normal and that does  of work properly with the app. Something for C4 ( @RyanE or @Derrick Cain maybe you can pass this info on) to look at.

I normally have the call button on my DS2 disabled (i.e. It does not automatically call a group). The reason is two fold:

1. I want to be able to change the group it calls sometimes.  In particular, I have 2 T3s inside and 2 T3s outside. Normally I only have it call inside (for security reasons as once you answer, you can open the complex gate and our driveway gate from the 2 custom buttons).  However,  if we are outside eating or using our jacuzzi area, I have an experience button that I press that changes the group that is called to include the 2 outside buttons for a time period (e.g. an hour).

2. I like to change the Do not disturb period from time to time.

The way I deal with this is to have the Door station programmatically call a group (which changes depending on whether a given experience button has been pressed and has a countdown timer running or not) when the button is pressed and it also only calls the (relevant) group during certain times of day (e.g. 7am to 9pm).  This deals with both points above but the calls (from programming do not work on the app unless the phone is on the local network).

If I re-enable the call button and don’t call via programming then the app works perfectly but I then have no way to change what Touchscrens are called, I.e.point 1 above is no longer possible. Point 2 is still possible (using standard do not disturb programming but that then creates a DND for more than just the DS2 calling - not quite what I want).

I realize that my use case can is unusual but C4 could fix this for me (and other unusual users) by either:

1. Setting it such that programmatic calls from the DS2 are handled in the same way as automatic calls from the DS2 (I.e. they call the mobile phone if it is in the relevant group irrespective of whether it is on the same Wi-Fi network or not); or,

2. Allowing the intercom group that will be called from the DS2 to be changed programmatically and not have to be set in stone when you set it up in Composer.

AND

3. Allowing the DS2 to be turned off over a programmatically set period (or if a variable is set to false - say via a schedule). I.e. have an outward DND for the doorstation rather than just an inward DND on Touchscreens.

All of this had work arounds prior to the app,  but they don’t work on cellphones with the app (which remains super cool).

Thus ends my Beta testing report...

20 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I use the DS2 a little differently from normal and that does  of work properly with the app. Something for C4 ( @RyanE or @Derrick Cain maybe you can pass this info on) to look at.

I normally have the call button on my DS2 disabled (i.e. It does not automatically call a group). The reason is two fold:

1. I want to be able to change the group it calls sometimes.  In particular, I have 2 T3s inside and 2 T3s outside. Normally I only have it call inside (for security reasons as once you answer, you can open the complex gate and our driveway gate from the 2 custom buttons).  However,  if we are outside eating or using our jacuzzi area, I have an experience button that I press that changes the group that is called to include the 2 outside buttons for a time period (e.g. an hour).

2. I like to change the Do not disturb period from time to time.

The way I deal with this is to have the Door station programmatically call a group (which changes depending on whether a given experience button has been pressed and has a countdown timer running or not) when the button is pressed and it also only calls the (relevant) group during certain times of day (e.g. 7am to 9pm).  This deals with both points above but the calls (from programming do not work on the app unless the phone is on the local network).

If I re-enable the call button and don’t call via programming then the app works perfectly but I then have no way to change what Touchscrens are called, I.e.point 1 above is no longer possible. Point 2 is still possible (using standard do not disturb programming but that then creates a DND for more than just the DS2 calling - not quite what I want).

I realize that my use case can is unusual but C4 could fix this for me (and other unusual users) by either:

1. Setting it such that programmatic calls from the DS2 are handled in the same way as automatic calls from the DS2 (I.e. they call the mobile phone if it is in the relevant group irrespective of whether it is on the same Wi-Fi network or not); or,

2. Allowing the intercom group that will be called from the DS2 to be changed programmatically and not have to be set in stone when you set it up in Composer.

AND

3. Allowing the DS2 to be turned off over a programmatically set period (or if a variable is set to false - say via a schedule). I.e. have an outward DND for the doorstation rather than just an inward DND on Touchscreens.

All of this had work arounds prior to the app,  but they don’t work on cellphones with the app (which remains super cool).

Thus ends my Beta testing report...

Found this post a little confusing so excuse me if I'm not addressing your issues.

Call groups are not set in stone, you can program to call different groups based on time of the day, or a variable, or whatever your want. I have systems where the call will ring all T3s during the day and only the living space at night, so the bedrooms won't ring at night. And no, I'm not setting those T3s to DND, they simply won't ring because they aren't part of the night time group.

You can still get phone calls to the App even if you're doing the call through programming. It does require custom programming, but ask your dealer if he/she can do it for you. I have it set up in mine with no issues. It's very simple programming.

Turning off the DS2; again, this can be done in programming using conditionals or schedules. You don't have to put any T3s in DND mode if you don't want to. They can be bypassed to not get a call from the DS2 and still be available to receive calls from other T3s or announcements from the System. You can even have an announcement play on the DS2 saying that noone is available if the DS2 is turned off.

All 3 things in your wish list can be done now.

1 hour ago, eddy.trochez said:

Found this post a little confusing so excuse me if I'm not addressing your issues.

Call groups are not set in stone, you can program to call different groups based on time of the day, or a variable, or whatever your want. I have systems where the call will ring all T3s during the day and only the living space at night, so the bedrooms won't ring at night. And no, I'm not setting those T3s to DND, they simply won't ring because they aren't part of the night time group.

You can still get phone calls to the App even if you're doing the call through programming. It does require custom programming, but ask your dealer if he/she can do it for you. I have it set up in mine with no issues. It's very simple programming.

Turning off the DS2; again, this can be done in programming using conditionals or schedules. You don't have to put any T3s in DND mode if you don't want to. They can be bypassed to not get a call from the DS2 and still be available to receive calls from other T3s or announcements from the System. You can even have an announcement play on the DS2 saying that noone is available if the DS2 is turned off.

All 3 things in your wish list can be done now.

Thanks Eddy, 

Appreciate the response and will look in to your suggestions.

To try and clarify the primary bug that I am experiencing.

When I do a call from the Door station to the phone (and only the phone - I.e. a group with only my phone in it) using programming to do the call, this works perfectly (whether my phone is on the network or not).

When I do a group call (via programming) from the Door station to a group set up in the communication agent (that includes T3s and my phone), this works when my phone is on  the same wifi network.  However, the problem, it does not work when my phone is not on the same Wi-Fi network.  The phone never rings.

When I setup the door station to call the same group as mentioned above using the driver properties and have the call button enabled, this works perfectly (on or off the network).

Hopefully that is marginally clearer!

My dealer is also perplexed on this.

Prior to the intercom app being launched, I was using custom programming to change what Touchscreens were called when.  However, because of the above (seeming) bug, I have gone back to not using the custom programming as I want the app to work also! I probably have a setting wrong but cannot find it!

1 hour ago, thegizzard said:

Is doorbell video stored anywhere?  

I don't believe the video is stored anywhere, but I also don't have a DS2 to try this yet. However, I do know that people have been able to point the video from the ds2 camera to an NVR to record it.

On 8/10/2018 at 1:28 AM, Derrick Cain said:

I'll be more than happy to pass along your suggestions to our intercom team.

Hi Derrick, I'm new to Control 4 ecosystem, i have a few questions to asked. when my dealer downloaded the new update they asked me to provide them an email email address to use with my IntercomAnywhere app, do i need to do that? I now have 2 email address register to my control 4 customer portal. It just seem odd that i will need to use another email address to use interocom anywherem, i would expect that i can just use my standing customer.control4 email address i had setup and sign into my intercom anywhere app. One issue i have notices is that it seem that i have a double up on a device name (on my iphone) in my intercom anywhere app i cant seem to be able to delete it at all, its also showing on my T3 touchscreen under the intercom options. 

And is that true about the DS2 can be connected to NVR? I have an NVR setup is it easy for it to be done? 

Richard, you can delete external names by going into Composer HE - Agents - Commucation Agent - External Devices and Delete the one you wish to amend etc 

To control you External devices you need to login to my control4 - Go into Accounts and then Mange Users - Each user listed will show in your Communication Agent under external devices. 

If you amend any of these in mycontrol4 you need to go back into Commutations Agent and delete it so the amend one can login

Hope I explain that OK 

How many phones do you have which are contacted to the app ?

• 2 weeks later...

can you use the feature on other tablets?  if I have Ipads or Kindle Fire all over, is the feature functional?  dying for an efficient home intercom, in 5-8 locations, and don't want to buy all C4 screens given the cost!

34 minutes ago, mod220 said:

can you use the feature on other tablets?  if I have Ipads or Kindle Fire all over, is the feature functional?  dying for an efficient home intercom, in 5-8 locations, and don't want to buy all C4 screens given the cost!

Tablets are currently not supported. Not saying that it won't work though. I havent tried myself.

Am I wrong to think this is unlikely?

My thought was this is designed to sell pricey touchscreens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived