C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Commercial Diplay

VINCELdUB

Question

Samsung UD55E-b is the model. we have 20 of these to put in as 5 video walls. I am having a difficult time figuring out how to calculate the checksum. (Newbie here) 

was told there was driver for these displays and that the command protocol hasn't changed in 10 years on these devices. ANYONE? 

install is 15 days away. need to prove this works or SPLAT, Egg on my face 

attached is the command protocol from samsung. 

need only ON-OFF-HDMI 1-HDMI 2-VGA-DP-DVI-Discreet Volume if possible- 

Also looks like it can be controlled via ip as well. 

THANK YOU! 

link is for entire doc and attached is the relevant pages

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3mfyjremmacl3q/MDC_Protocol_2018_mdc_ppmxxm6x_protocol_v14.4c.pdf?dl=1

Pages from MDC_Protocol_2018_mdc_ppmxxm6x_protocol_v14.4c.pdf

11 answers to this question

On 8/9/2018 at 10:16 AM, VINCELdUB said:

Samsung UD55E-b is the model. we have 20 of these to put in as 5 video walls. I am having a difficult time figuring out how to calculate the checksum. (Newbie here) 

was told there was driver for these displays and that the command protocol hasn't changed in 10 years on these devices. ANYONE? 

install is 15 days away. need to prove this works or SPLAT, Egg on my face 

attached is the command protocol from samsung. 

need only ON-OFF-HDMI 1-HDMI 2-VGA-DP-DVI-Discreet Volume if possible- 

Also looks like it can be controlled via ip as well. 

THANK YOU! 

link is for entire doc and attached is the relevant pages

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3mfyjremmacl3q/MDC_Protocol_2018_mdc_ppmxxm6x_protocol_v14.4c.pdf?dl=1

Pages from MDC_Protocol_2018_mdc_ppmxxm6x_protocol_v14.4c.pdf

We have control of these via IP and Serial, was custom built for a project. Let us know if you still need a solution.

@jasonl

I have built a one way serial driver that works well. 

However, Annex4 and I have collaborated and created a very good serial/IP driver that works even better. It can be addressed to send the commands to specific displays. Even if those displays are serial daisy chained. 

How many displays and in what format? Video wall/ single etc.  

I should also note, this driver will work with all Samsung MDC capable display. Basically every commercial Samsung  display for the last ten years or more. 

Hi,

I am looking for a 1 way driver for Samsung commercial display, I only need to control power on/off and all input. Does someone have this ? I contacted Annex and they said that they don't have any driver for commercial display.

Thanks

On 3/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, jasonl said:

Hi,

I am looking for a 1 way driver for Samsung commercial display, I only need to control power on/off and all input. Does someone have this ? I contacted Annex and they said that they don't have any driver for commercial display.

Thanks

I am so sorry, I was not following this thread and missed this. I do have the driver and will post the link shortly.I am so sorry, I was not following this thread and missed this. I do have the driver and will post the link shortly.

9 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

I am so sorry, I was not following this thread and missed this. I do have the driver and will post the link shortly.I am so sorry, I was not following this thread and missed this. I do have the driver and will post the link shortly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k78ot7qvl9jg5ml/tv_COLWIN CONNECT_UD Series ID ALL(1).c4i?dl=1

This is the free driver. And below is the driver from ANNEX4

https://annex4.link/drivers/samsung-mdc

I know this thread is old, but hoping that someone can tell me if it's possible to control the Samsung models listed below...please let me know if you have a driver or able to help.

50" BET-H Series Crystal UHD 4K Pro TV

LH50BETHLGFXGO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.