georgetv

C4 announcements thropugh sonos speakers

I want to get the doorbell and other announcements to play thru my sonos system. i have wireless speakers and its much more flexible than the zones i have thru my C4.  how can this be done?

2 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Possible to save a doorbell sound as a favorite and play a favorite off a doorbell ring?

This is about the only way.  It USED to be quite easy, and with Alan's advanced announcement driver, was pretty powerful.  This was how my announcements fired in various rooms.  This was before the "endorsed" sonos driver crept in however.  

You could take an audio out from a C4 processor into an audio in on a Sonos unit (Connect, Connect Amp or Play 5), then set the Sonos to autoplay the line-in in the rooms you would like the announcement to play. The big issue with this method is that the Sonos will not remember what it was doing before the announcement plays, so once the announcement has finished you will need to start the Sonos playing again manually.

The Sonos API now supports announcements. I'm assuming C4 will be able to utilize this feature in the not-too-distant future.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:27 PM, WhyPhy said:

The Sonos API now supports announcements. I'm assuming C4 will be able to utilize this feature in the not-too-distant future.

Has anyone tried Announcements with the new Sonos Amp and API? Is the feature in the Sonos Driver for C4 yet?

1 hour ago, WhyPhy said:

Has anyone tried Announcements with the new Sonos Amp and API? Is the feature in the Sonos Driver for C4 yet?

dont believe the driver has been updated. I did use the old sonos driver announcement feature last Halloween with no issue.