C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbird announcement issue

All of the sudden the Doorbird does not announce the doorbell via the speakers in house.  Can only tell someone is at door via the app.  

I've rebooted the doorbird and checked the announcement script in composer.  I haven't changed anything. Any ideas on how to fix/troubleshoot?

The speakers are Episode by SnapAV ES-150T-IC-6,

I believe I have the standard control4 amplifier (8 zone/16ch) &have the 16input/output audio switch,

Integra DTR-70.6 receiver.  

Director version is 2.9.1.532460-res

I think driver is Doorbird Doorstation

7 minutes ago, MonsterIT said:

Did you update the driver recently or the doorbird firmware

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, unless it did automatically. (I asked the dealer if they had issues with other doorbird clients and he said no)

Assuming it's not the Annex driver but the Cinegration one:

I have seen a similar issue with numerous doorbirds actually - all on the OLD driver. It's weird, because the system sees the doorstation etc just fine, but announcements just don't get triggered....you can delete the programming line, then re-enter and it'll work for awhile, then it'll fail again - rinse and repeat.

I suspect this is more a combination of a change in the proxy or protocol that 'breaks' the old driver than a real bug or one-sided error.

New driver actually has a direct trigger to do the announcement, and is much better overall, bit of work to do as it may require a few changes in the doorbird, but ask your dealer to get this done.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm having the same issue, and my dealer doesn't seem to be able to fix it. Nothing has recently changed in my system, but the announcement no longer triggers. I know that C4 is still recognizing that the doorbell is being pushed, because the C4 wall-mounted touchpad still plays the doorbell sound and still brings up the video from the Doorbird. However, the announcement (which plays a doorbell sound throughout speakers in the house) doesn't play anymore. It plays properly if I manually execute the announcement, so I also know it's not an issue with the actual announcement or a hardware problem. 

I'm using Annex4 driver 0.9.210. I don't see any errors and the driver seems to be working normally. 

Is there an advantage to the cinegration driver? I'm not positive, but I seem to remember that we were originally using a different driver, but it never worked properly and we needed to switch to the Annex driver to actually make it work. 

Archived