C4 Forums | Control4

EA Controllers and Secrurity

We had a EA1 fitted a couple of weeks ago and when we checked the Security Picture its say the resolutions too high (all ours are 1080p Hikvision

Cameras).

The DS2 works fine (720p) do we need change the feed in the Hikvision software to 720p from 1080p or can the dealer do something with Com Pro?

We have no issue with Video to the T3 Touchscreen`s or Iphones 

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

We had a EA1 fitted a couple of weeks ago and when we checked the Security Picture its say the resolutions too high (all ours are 1080p Hikvision

Cameras).

The DS2 works fine (720p) do we need change the feed in the Hikvision software to 720p from 1080p or can the dealer do something with Com Pro?

We have no issue with Video to the T3 Touchscreen`s or Iphones 

the resolution needs to be lowered on the camera

Why does that make no sense to me? You have an excellent camera, 1080p, and you need to lower the resolution of the camera so C4 can display it?  The solution should not be downgrade the resolution on the camera, the solution should be that C4 improves how it handles high resolution cameras.  

1 hour ago, ruggerdude said:

Why does that make no sense to me? You have an excellent camera, 1080p, and you need to lower the resolution of the camera so C4 can display it?  The solution should not be downgrade the resolution on the camera, the solution should be that C4 improves how it handles high resolution cameras.  

The picture gets embedded in the UI. It's not going to display 1080p, because the max resolution of the EA controller is 1080p. If you feed it 1080p, and it has to downsample it to display it, that's going to eat up resources.

The recommendations are there for a reason.

most cameras have multiple streams. setup the primary to be 720p. then set you app to go to the secondary stream at 1080p. then is how it is down with my hikvision cameras. then if i want full rez on the tvs i have video storm bring up the direct stream on any display.

Archived