C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify Playlists Driver

Shivam Paw

Hi

If there are any dealers who’d like to test a Spotify playlists driver I’ve been working on then PM me. 

Documentation is included so just follow the steps to get it working. Currently in beta so I’m working on more features. 

I had browsing Spotify fully working as well but removed it for this beta as I ran into issues on T3s and EAs - worked perfectly on my phone...

Anyone, if you’re interested then PM me. Restricting it to a couple of people for now.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, C4tune said:

I would be ecstatic to be included in the beta testing. 

Please and thank you for consideration.

Dealer out of Buffalo, NY.

2 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

Sure, I will be glad to run it through its paces. PM me a link to the driver whenever you are free.

PM me please with your emails if u can.

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, mallom said:

Hey @Shivam Paw, I hope all is well.

Any progress with the driver? I hope you were able to make it work.

Thanks!

Heyo

There’s one bug that’s really got my stuck. Is the driver still working for you as it should be though?

When I break up for Christmas I’ll be able to get back to it. So hopefully will have updates for the new year :) 

• 3 months later...

Heyo!

It seems 2.10.6 or 2.10.5 (I never upgraded to .5) fixed a bug which has now let me complete the driver for now!

If you have been using it till now all IDs have been reset so you'll need to email me and ask for the latest driver. Once I have emailed you the driver please just look at the documentation and see if it is easy enough to follow.

If you have any suggestions of course let me know!

My email is shivam@shivampaw.com

If & when the driver goes public, all IDs will be reset again when a licensing system is sorted.

Just now, mallom said:

@Shivam Paw
Just to double check: This driver enables browsing on spotify? 

Thanks!

Not browsing at the moment. For now it just allows you to view and play your playlists. I had browsing working at one point but need to rework it as there were bugs on T3s and EAs.

Talking about browsing...I seem to have just done it!

The bug that was occurring was that characters such as "&" were causing a no results found when they were in search results. After fixing that it now seems to be working flawlessly. Be sure to email me if you want to test this new version!!

For a quick video demo of it. Sorry for the poor quality!

You can:

* Search songs, playlists, albums and artists and play any of them
* View all your playlists and play the entire playlist
* View individual tracks within your playlist and play them individually

22 minutes ago, Joey_Rigatoni said:

Hi Shivam,

I’d love to give this a try and test it for you. I can pm you my email.

PM me ur email. Will send an email out later tonight or tomorrow with it to all the people who want to test it.

Archived