C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Music Canada

Has anyone got prime music working outside of the US (without a US account?) 

I have a Canadian Prime membership and 2.10.4 installed but the app lets me login with my Amazon credentials and then he Control4 app says that it is not available in my region but keeps me logged in? 

Any thoughts?

Amazon right now is not available in Canada through Control4 - I think there's more countries than just the US, but regardless, Canada is not among them.

Note that this has little to do with Control4 - this is Amazon Canada's decision to make/battle (for licensing) to fight. Note that The same goes for all '3rd party' music systems - Sonos for example also cannot install the amazon music app in Canada and browse content etc (yes I'm aware there's ways to make that work using Alexa as the source, and no I don't know how that falls through the gaps but other methods do not.

Pure speculation: Added PRIME bonuses such as video and music are relatively new in our market here, so they may just be holding off to either see how it goes and if it's here to stay, or want to keep it in their own hands for marketing reasons etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived