C4 Forums | Control4

LG OLED77C8PUA [IP]

Y_D

Has anyone successfully implemented the LG OLED77C8PUA [IP] driver?  (https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=OLED77C8PUA)

This model runs webOS 4 and I am aware of the Annex driver, but would like to get the certified driver above working before asking for more $$.

When manually entering MAC & IP (wired, wireless, both) the 'Connect to Network' property remains false.  When using the action 'Get MAC Addresses', it is unsuccessful.

HC250 (2.10.x), the TV is on the network otherwise as it can utilize web content via factory remote.

Has anyone successfully implemented the LG OLED77C8PUA [iP] driver?  (https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=OLED77C8PUA)
This model runs webOS 4 and I am aware of the Annex driver, but would like to get the certified driver above working before asking for more $$.
When manually entering MAC & IP (wired, wireless, both) the 'Connect to Network' property remains false.  When using the action 'Get MAC Addresses', it is unsuccessful.
HC250 (2.10.x), the TV is on the network otherwise as it can utilize web content via factory remote.

I have the 65 C8. Added it to the project the other week using the C4 driver. My dealer set it up remotely the day before and I just followed the C4 instructions for the TV set up. Had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tokead,

Would you be willing to share the instructions you followed?

Currently I have:

LG Connect Apps - On

Mobile TV - On

Stanby Light - On

Quick Start+ - On

Connection via wired & wireless established.

Older products had an 'IP Control Setup' menu, but I am not able to locate it on this new C8.  Thank you.

Hi Tokead,
Would you be willing to share the instructions you followed?
Currently I have:
LG Connect Apps - On
Mobile TV - On
Stanby Light - On
Quick Start+ - On
Connection via wired & wireless established.
Older products had an 'IP Control Setup' menu, but I am not able to locate it on this new C8.  Thank you.

Network Control

IP Control Configuration:
1. Connect your TV to a wired or wireless network.
2. Network Control, Password Generation & SDDP
a. With cursor focus on Settings->Network
i. Enter: 82888 to enter ‘IP Control Setup’ menu
1. After entering the ‘IP Control Setup’ menu
a. Set the ‘Network IP Control’ submenu to ‘On’.
b. Turn on Control4 SDDP
c. Generate Password and then enter new password in the driver’s Password property

WOL(Wake On Lan) Configuration for Power On:
1. Set the ‘Mobile TV On’ submenu(Setting > General >Mobile TV On)
a. Set ‘Turn on via Wifi’ to ‘On’.
i. NOTE: this must be set even when controlling via a wired Lan.
ii. NOTE: To control via Wi-Fi:
1. The router needs to support Wireles Multimedia Extensions (WME or WMM).
2. When using the automatic method (default), Ethernet needs to be disconnected for Wake from Wi-Fi to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

For anybody else with issues with this, I got this working on my 77c9

using the magic remote:

- click live tv - wait for static or whatever to show up

- hold settings for 5 seconds until the channel banner appears

- press 828 and then click the wheel and it should load the ip control screen.  

- turn everything on, go to composer and it will auto discover the tv.  Add the tv to your home and it loads the driver.  Set your connections, I added lg YouTube and lg Netflix. 

- go back to the tv and generate key

- add key under the driver in composer

- refresh navigators 

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:10 PM, janthony6 said:

Having some trouble with cursor focus - I press settings on remote and hover over network and press the code and nothing happens. 

the trick to this is use the cursor buttons using the air mouse function you are inevitably going to move the remote as you are typing. You need to make sure the mouse goes away before typing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, janthony6 said:

using the magic remote:

- hold settings for 5 seconds until the channel banner appears

- turn everything on, go to composer and it will auto discover the tv.  Add the tv to your home and it loads the driver.  Set your connections, I added lg YouTube and lg Netflix. 

- refresh navigators 

This method just worked for me on a 77C9 as well, none of the other methods did

• 7 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 10:12 AM, janthony6 said:

using the magic remote:

- hold settings for 5 seconds until the channel banner left menu strip appears

- refresh navigators 

This worked for me as well on my LG OLEDC9PUB, but it wasn't the channel banner that appeared after holding the settings button for 5 seconds. It was the setup menu icons along the left side of the screen.

• 10 months later...

Here's the 'setup' list I always forward to my guys:

1. Turn on the TV and go to "All Settings"

2. Locate and turn off any energy saving settings, this will sometimes prevent the display from turning on from a cold start.

3. Go to your network setting and set a static address somewhere outside your DHCP address pool. Please be sure to use a wired connection as wireless can be unreliable.

4. Find the setting "Mobile TV ON" and turn it on, this can usually be found under general.

5. There are two ways to get into the installer menu depending on the model LG you have; both methods will require the IR remote for the TV. THE SMART/POINTER REMOTE WILL NOT WORK

Installer Menu #1 

1. Press Home

2. Settings, then All Settings 

3. Select the Network icon and press "7-3-7-7-7" quickly

4. Try a couple times but should bring up menu to turn IP control on, if this does not work try option 2

Installer Menu #2

1. Turn TV ON and got to the CATV input so you get "snow"

2. Once you only see "snow" and all other menus and sidebars have gone away (must wait unit its only snow)...

3. Press and Hold the Settings button unit the channel number pops up then release the settings button.

4. Press "8-2-8" then the "OK/Select" button to bring up the IP control menu 

5. Set IP control to ON

*Either of these menus can take a couple times trying over and over to get in, if this does not work your TV might not support IP control and will have to use some other control method.

• 2 months later...

Hi Folk

Just a wee observation re LG OLED control on 2021 models down here in the Southern hemisphere.  Access to the installer menu is by 82888.  Set the IP control on, turn on SDDP and WOL. (don't worry about turn on by Wifi - seems to go fine regardless if this setting).  All done using the magic mouse (Smart pointer). The trick to using this is:  left thumb hover over the "2" and right thumb hover over the "8" then enter the code steadily and quickly - all good to go!. Went to a local store and tried this on a bunch of models (annoyed the salesman LOL) and it worked consistently reliably.  The IP control driver seems very robust with all features working a treat - Hope this helps :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/4/2021 at 11:20 AM, $Genius said:

Hi Folk

Just a wee observation re LG OLED control on 2021 models down here in the Southern hemisphere.  Access to the installer menu is by 82888.  Set the IP control on, turn on SDDP and WOL. (don't worry about turn on by Wifi - seems to go fine regardless if this setting).  All done using the magic mouse (Smart pointer). The trick to using this is:  left thumb hover over the "2" and right thumb hover over the "8" then enter the code steadily and quickly - all good to go!. Went to a local store and tried this on a bunch of models (annoyed the salesman LOL) and it worked consistently reliably.  The IP control driver seems very robust with all features working a treat - Hope this helps :)

Any chance you can be more explicit with how you are doing this with Magic Mouse remote?   Where in Southern Hemisphere are you and what oled please.  I have 2021 oled83c1pta in australia and I am so keen to have this integrate… :(  nothing j have tried is working for ip menu.  I bought a service remote too. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.