C4 Forums | Control4

Grouping Text Notifications

snipboy

I am looking to organize my text notifications. Each time I get one, it is from a different number or "hex code" of some sort. Changing the email address to text from @txt.* to @mms.* makes no difference. Anyone have any best practices for managing all those texts? I am getting about 20 a day. 

8 hours ago, snipboy said:

No driver, just out of the box 4sight email notifications that are being sent to SMS. 

ah, you won't be able to do anythign about that.  That is due to your carrier.

Can I suggest using Push notifications to the app instead of SMS? If you already have 4sight, there is no reason not to.

6 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Can I suggest using Push notifications to the app instead of SMS? If you already have 4sight, there is no reason not to.

I'd definitely recommend going this route as well, unless there is some reason that you must have the notifications via SMS.

I originally used SMS as well for my notifications, but moved to the push notifications awhile back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize the power of the Push Notifications until you guys mentioned it. I got exactly what I wanted. I am still having text messages sent as a back up for a few events, like door jams or windows that shouldn't be opening, but they are the exception now. Very happy with the solution! Thank you!!!

Archived