nevets23

Luma IP Cameras/NVR PSA

Any updates on making the Safari plugin work on Mac Mojave?  I just got the Luma NVR and disappointed I cannot manage it via Safari on a Mac...ugh.

Doing this through a Windows virtual machine is going to be a joke.

Are there any other options???

The PDF in the reply two or three above has a link to a .pkg file that contains a native Mac app to manage Luma NVRs. Its interface is a little different than the old Safari plug in, so it takes a bit of adjustment and getting used to, but once you do it’s pretty good.

Yeah I found that. Kinda stinks compared to the web interface. 

Maybe they could make it work with Chrome. I don’t mind running a different browser than Safari. 

My NVR and cameras only allow me to view video and not download since the browsers stopped supporting plugins (technically they stopped support Flash right?).  I have been very frustrated with customer support and there has been no reasonable solution offered yet from what I can tell.  I tried downloading the VMS software mentioned above and it is terrible and unintuitive.  I can't get it to recognize my nvr nor the cameras.  I am pissed and would not buy HIK, SnapAV, Luma, whatever the hell name they are hiding behind.

With MacOS Catalina Luma VMS for Mac is no longer supported as it's a 32-bit app. According to the Luma PDF they are working on a 64-bit version. Does anyone know when this will be available? The entire experience of using the Luma cameras on a Mac has been terrible ever since the web interface stopped working, and now we don't even have the app. I wish they would consider porting the iPad app to MacOS using Catalyst.