C4 Forums | Control4

Tesla Driver

harper

Me too - I have a 2015 Model S, but I think the API is pretty much the same for all vehicles.  It would also be nice if you could add increased functionality, like an end charging at X time function.

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

Me too - I have a 2015 Model S, but I think the API is pretty much the same for all vehicles.  It would also be nice if you could add increased functionality, like an end charging at X time function.

No problem - when we get to that point we'll put out a message for beta testers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Kaas Mayer said:

What kind of scenario are you searching for?

You need to wake up the car for getting and sending updates.
If you do this frequently, it will drain the battery

Would be better to do updates on request

There are a bunch of applications, both computer based and phone based, out there today that do this in various ways and peole are fine with that trade-off.  Some of them are still active and some have died out over the years:  Visible Tesla, TeslaFi, Remote for Tesla.

Things I would want to do from C4 would include starting climate, starting charging, getting charge status, getting battery charge percentage, smarter charging timers (ie end charge time at 7am). 

11 hours ago, zaphod said:

Things I would want to do from C4 would include starting climate, starting charging, getting charge status, getting battery charge percentage, smarter charging timers (ie end charge time at 7am). 

I would like to do this through my Control4 system as well. Smarter charging timers for sure. 

16 hours ago, Kaas Mayer said:

What kind of scenario are you searching for?

You need to wake up the car for getting and sending updates.
If you do this frequently, it will drain the battery

I’m not worried about waking up the car or battery drain. The battery drain would be extremely minimal. I keep them plugged in at home anyways. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 4:42 PM, IntrinsicGroup said:

No worries, if you're interested in joining the beta, just drop a ticket at intrinsicdev.com/support and select "beta" in the category option.  We're only able to run betas with C4 Dealers at present.

Thanks, I I'm interested in beta testing. I submitted the ticket on the website. 

On 9/15/2020 at 10:03 PM, spinny02 said:

Have to include Tesla power wall control and solar as well. 

B55BC0CD-08D4-474C-AB8F-4D623A561FCC.png

EF97029A-E0B9-44CC-B3F6-4F00F4C2A107.png

CBD19409-8ABE-484E-9A5F-C0C7869DF913.png

We'll be releasing separate drivers for vehicles, power walls etc. Vehicle driver is in the last stages of BETA testing and should be released soon. Just starting to look at a power wall/solar option, are there any particular features you want us to include or just echo the Tesla app as much as possible? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.