C4 Forums | Control4

New Fire TV driver

Matt Lowe

Control4 worked out the details for the new ADB security. Haven't tested on my firetv yet as I decommissioned it, but Have heard the same delay is there as before. However I did test on my ShieldTV and can confirm for now it does work to control it. However the amazon prime video mini driver does not work for the shield tv.

• 2 weeks later...

so currently i have 2 fire tv products, 1 being a 2nd gen fire tv box (hard-lined on network on the same subnet as my Control4) and 1 2nd gen fire stick (on WiFi within the same subnet as well). My Fire TV box can be found in the firetv driver under the fire tv selector and can add it on my project, am able to see on my remote and everything but have no control at all. My firestick on the other hand works perfectly fine, i used the same method and selected it and have full control over it and had no problems. (i did all of this on 11/9/18) when i asked someone at my work apparently amazon broke all the adb connections between the 2 only for the purpose of amazon only wanting there remote in your hand. Either way i think its really bizarre my 40$ firestick on WiFi is working and my 80 firebox that's hard-lined wont work. As far as mini drivers i have never done that with the fire tv just created the custom red, green, yellow, blue buttons. All in all i was just curious to see if you or anyone out there has seen this or ran into this before.

4 minutes ago, Thepritch88 said:

I saw those, i had made a Kodi  mini driver using the old Amazon custom channel driver so i was curious if it would still work if i reinstated my firestick, is there a universal mini driver for kodi? i couldn't find one when i looked a while ago 

no, you would have to make a new one

i have fixed my living room fire tv, thank you very much! i was now curious if any was familiar with the fire mouse toggle apk? i have it on my firebox and basically you press the play/pause button twice makes your remote into a mouse and can use apks such as showbox and apple music. I have it working 100% on fire tv remote but cant get it to register with SR-260.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:26 AM, Matt Lowe said:

Control4 worked out the details for the new ADB security. Haven't tested on my firetv yet as I decommissioned it, but Have heard the same delay is there as before. However I did test on my ShieldTV and can confirm for now it does work to control it. However the amazon prime video mini driver does not work for the shield tv.

All good with updated driver.

New Fire TV driver loaded & Gen 3 Fire TV stick now fixed & working again & not requiring fixed IP anymore, working from UPNP.

I do wonder when it will next be broken though.

2 hours ago, hank31980 said:

I do wonder when it will next be broken though.

thats all on the cooperation from amazon, they changed the adb security which broke the originally driver and then control4 had to drag the changes out of them to update the driver.

5 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

thats all on the cooperation from amazon, they changed the adb security

Well....not quite exact. The ADB is an Android thing, Amazon just chose to implement the newer version requiring authentication, then didn't publish how that authentication was working.

• 2 years later...

The old driver that is being discussed above was pretty terrible, the delay between pushing a button and the cursor moving on screen was 1-2 seconds due to how the driver had to talk to the device.

There will soon be a new driver out, indeed it was released very briefly and then pulled for unspecified reasons; but we are told it will be released in the not too distant future. Until it is offically out though, best off avoiding Fire devices with C4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.