C4 Forums | Control4

SplashTiles Builder tool released!

Video Storm has just released our new SplashTiles Builder tool for NetPlay! 

SplashTiles builder enables you to easily and quickly create awesome commercial or residential digital signage using a web browser or tablet! 

SplashTiles screens can be displayed on your NetPlay TVs just like any other source (or tiled, PIP, etc). 

FREE with your NetPlay system.

NetPlay isn't just a video matrix. It's a whole new way to experience television! 

Demo video

Tutorial video

10 hours ago, poisenoire said:

I've been playing with this and having a blast. Love having customized info displays in addition to standard video sources.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We are planning on expanding the tool with new tile types and options.  Please let us know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks!

While it doesn't *need* it, a bounding box representing the TV screen (1080p) would be helpful when sizing the tiles.  I had to do a bit of playing around to knowing if I wanted 1x1,1x2, etc... and then when it went on the TV wasn't always what I imagined.

A more advanced option would be the ability to go back into a tile after setup and modify the parameters.  I didn't find a way to do that and had to start over each time I wanted to make a change.  Easy on most, but on those like the maps there's a bit of info you have to put in each time.

But - don't take these comments in any way against what you have to date. I love it, it's great and very usable.  Still very pleased with this overall matrix solution and especially love the fact features are added all the time.

5 hours ago, poisenoire said:

While it doesn't *need* it, a bounding box representing the TV screen (1080p) would be helpful when sizing the tiles.  I had to do a bit of playing around to knowing if I wanted 1x1,1x2, etc... and then when it went on the TV wasn't always what I imagined.

A more advanced option would be the ability to go back into a tile after setup and modify the parameters.  I didn't find a way to do that and had to start over each time I wanted to make a change.  Easy on most, but on those like the maps there's a bit of info you have to put in each time.

But - don't take these comments in any way against what you have to date. I love it, it's great and very usable.  Still very pleased with this overall matrix solution and especially love the fact features are added all the time.

I like the idea for "preview" on different screen sizes.  I'll see if that is feasible.

Editing tiles after adding them is definitely already on the list  :)

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, flikfoto said:

I can not seem to get my Splash Tiles to display on my system. I just get a black screen every time I try to get it to work the way that was explained in your video.

Any suggestions?

Which decoder are you using (and what is it's firmware version)?

Thanks for your response. So all I need to do is purchase new VRX040's for any TV that I want to have the spash tiles on? Can I have a combination of VRX040's and 20's in my system?

I have another question also? Are the VRX020's suppose to do tiling and PIP? That doesn't seem to work on my system also. On the tiling what happens is I see the tiled screen for a second then the TV returns a resolution not matching error.

On the PIP I just do not get any PIP overlay.

I appreciate your assistance.

51 minutes ago, flikfoto said:

Thanks for your response. So all I need to do is purchase new VRX040's for any TV that I want to have the spash tiles on? Can I have a combination of VRX040's and 20's in my system?

I have another question also? Are the VRX020's suppose to do tiling and PIP? That doesn't seem to work on my system also. On the tiling what happens is I see the tiled screen for a second then the TV returns a resolution not matching error.

On the PIP I just do not get any PIP overlay.

I appreciate your assistance.

Correct, VRX040 or our NetPlayTV decoders will support SplashTiles.  You can mix and match different decoders in the same system.

VRX020 do support tiling and PIP.  You likely have a setup error in your system.  Check to make sure the 2nd streams on your encoders are enabled and set to 640x480 (in VMM source setup).  Text overlay also works on VRX020.  How are you selecting these features (which control method)?

Archived