C4 Forums | Control4

Roku TV IR

DarthData

Just wanted to share a driver i just created. Literally 4 days in to learning Control4 (so the functions are limited to just volume and power if you want to me update more codes just hmu) and couldnt find many answers on a 55' TCL Roku TV i own. Now i know most Roku IR tvs share the same command commands such as volume and power so thats all i included within the driver. I control my Roku flawlessly with the IP driver and Swap to my "LivingRoom Power/Volume" on the remote to change volume and power on and off tv and set the .  ..  and ...  button to my liking (ex. .=power ..=volume down ...=volume up). If you have any questions or pointers how combine the Roku IP driver and the driver i just made feel free to reach out to me like i said i am new to C4 so i am learning new things everyday.

tv_TCL_ROKU TV IR2.c4i

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I did...copied from another discussion

FYI here is what I did and it works flawless. I took the TCL driver I found on this site and used the standard Roku driver. The TCL driver had 4 HDMI ports but the TV only has 3. Since the Roku is built into the tv I bound it to HDMI4. The problem with this is it would not direct app launch because it was still receiving IR commands to go to input 4 which did not exist. I then went into driver works and deleted the IR code for HDMI 4. Now everything seems to work as it should. 

Dont know if this is the correct way but it works. The TVs are dirt cheap. After I run it this way if it stays solid I will defiantly use these TVs for random places that are not main tv watching places. For 120 bucks for a 32 inch tv you can put these places you normally would not. I will have more in control 4 hardware to control them then the TV. I have a card access zibee to IR on the way. Dont get me wrong I would love for someone to make a 2 way ip driver and I would pay for it but for now this seems to work. 

Thanks for all of the help. 

I did not post the driver as I did not make it but a quick search and it should show up.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 10:15 AM, alf1096 said:

FYI here is what I did and it works flawless. I took the TCL driver I found on this site and used the standard Roku driver. The TCL driver had 4 HDMI ports but the TV only has 3. Since the Roku is built into the tv I bound it to HDMI4. The problem with this is it would not direct app launch because it was still receiving IR commands to go to input 4 which did not exist. I then went into driver works and deleted the IR code for HDMI 4. 

I followed this, but copied the Home code to HDMI4. Checked Menu code and it works the same.

I followed this, but copied the Home code to HDMI4. Checked Menu code and it works the same.

Should work fine. I just enabled home on power on in the Roku driver. Just a different way of doing it. Glad it helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

the driver was set to discreet codes instead of toggle so i re did it if anyone wants it also not sure what you guys are talking about above but if you want it to go to the home page on a certain device just do it programming with conditionals, when video changes if "source" is selected than launch the mini app command for the corresponding output, or have it send the roku home button when roku is selected no need to trick hdmi inputs. little cleaner imho, anyways heres the driver with toggle instead of discreets, so the system will remeber the state of the TV and as long as you dont manually turn the tv on and off the toggle should work just fine without any extra button presses.

tv_TCL toggle_ROKU TV IR2.c4i

On 12/6/2018 at 8:06 PM, alf1096 said:

Should work fine. I just enabled home on power on in the Roku driver. Just a different way of doing it. Glad it helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry didn't read this i see what your doing now yes this is defiantly the easiest way.

Archived