C4 Forums | Control4

Hayward Omnilogic Driver

SoundWave

My first time using this driver, seems pretty simple. I entered the customer's MSP, Username, and Password. When it was "set"
 it tried to login and failed until the status now shows that the username is blocked. I can goto the HaywardOmnilogic site in a browser and login just fine with the same credentials. Any ideas?

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It works great for us - totally reliable and stable.  Exposes a lot of settings for pump, heater, light, and aux devices for programming and easy control by most UI interfaces.  Doesn't seem to support pool chemistry stuff though - so doesn't show any info from the SWCG.  Shows pool temp and outside air temp - can access everything on TSs and app (not neeo).  One odd thing is outside temp can't display below zero but that's the only buggy thing I've found.  Otherwise can't recommend enough fantastic integration to have.

Exactly pool chemistry is if you have a SWCG (salt water chlorine generator) or the Sense and Dispense. The SWCG is used for salt water pool that makes its own chlorine so no more adding chlorine or shocking for the most part. The Sense and Dispense has pH and ORP monitoring and can control pH level and adapt the SWCG to the ORP measurements (we don’t have this since reviews claim very unreliable and the SWCG is set and forget once dialed in). So Hayward driver doesn’t show this stuff in Control4. But of course the Hayward app does and allows full control of this stuff if you need it. Would be nice if the c4 driver supported this stuff but this pool chemistry automation is mostly set and forget so not a lot of need for interaction I guess. Controlling the temp and pump and light are the biggest things and the C4 driver does that very well. We upgraded all our equipment to Hayward a while back and added the SWCG last summer.  We really like Hayward - used it when we put in a pool at our old house and liked it there too. 

I would say one little complaint is that the link between the heat pump heater and OmniLogic isn’t the Hayward bus (serial) - like the variable speed pump is - just a simple contact for on off. It works perfectly fine but I love that the serial connection to the pump will alert us to a fault (ie pump stalled) whereas the connection to the heat pump couldn’t since it isn’t a serial connection.

Few other notes: the driver also supports a spa if you have one (we don't here).  We also don't have a color changing light in the pool so I'm not sure if you can control pool light color and scenes using the c4 driver.  I checked the driver documentation and it looks like it does but not totally clear.  I also confirmed that the Hayward driver works through the Hayward cloud server it is not a local integration.  The driver supports up to 50 aux devices.

Hope that’s helpful!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.